MGP17 First Look at MotoGP17 (?)

Leading up to the MotoGP weekend in Argentina, Milestone have posted a few images (probably) showing content from the new game. Unsurprisingly, the images look rather disappointing.

17814690_1156689244457556_6198039917017199434_o.jpg

17834024_1156689687790845_8036473464324926062_o.jpg

For as much as can be told from the five screenshots posted, there looks to be no major improvements over last year in terms of 3D model quality, textures or track surroundings.

I've just bumped into a review from the latest build that they showed at Mugello.
I've tried my best to translate it for you guys

"During the presentation held at Mugello, Milestone confirmed that in this new edition there will be improvements upon tyres grip simulation and
some steps up regarding AI: though, once tried, the experience looks like the same as always. Although the game needs to be tested deeply
before judging it fairly, AI riders don't look more aggressive than in the past and the improved collision system doesn't really change the
game much, and especially the physics simulation improvements do not really bring anything new to MotoGP17.[...]"

Notice that the game enters the gold phase one month before release, so they've stopped working on the game weeks ago.

I just tried and got 1:44 in VRTG with standard physics and auto transmission.
It doesn't mean much though : the physics in the new game are supposed to be different.
Do we know what AI difficulty he was playing on ?

Yeah I know that some people actually could make about 1:40 at Mugello.. But I think that Mugello has been edited to be honest... But the main improvement for Mugello is its lenght because when you edit bike physics and after that you can make realistic lap times for example at Losail it means that you will make a really unrealistic time at Mugello but I think they finally edited Mugello and maybe some other tracks but we are not able to see that difference if it is only in metres of circuit lenght. Everybody knows I am a sceptic to Milestone but after this gameplay I think they have made something :D

That Mugello improvement can be really good point for my future physics mod because yesterday I tested it at Mugello and the lap times was terrible... You can´t make realistic mod If circuits had wrong scale or lenght...And perhaps I see a difference in turn Correntaio (Turn 12) The hill is not as high as it was in VRTG

I think my bestlap at Mugello is 1.44.3 it's the only hotlap I remember because I made a video about it.
Jan is right, the correntaio corner seems to have a different height, but other than that they simply retextured things.
There is still a lot of room for improvements. The track seems off, especially if you compare to Assetto Corsa's.

Austin kerbs are still deeply wrong, it's annoying. They saw my pictures last year about Jerez and Austin but they did absolutely nothing. I'm tweaking VRTG's Mugello and I'll tweak this one too

I think my bestlap at Mugello is 1.44.3 it's the only hotlap I remember because I made a video about it.
Jan is right, the correntaio corner seems to have a different height, but other than that they simply retextured things.
There is still a lot of room for improvements. The track seems off, especially if you compare to Assetto Corsa's.

Austin kerbs are still deeply wrong, it's annoying. They saw my pictures last year about Jerez and Austin but they did absolutely nothing. I'm tweaking VRTG's Mugello and I'll tweak this one too
ALL TRACKS are wrong it is Milestone :D

Austria is not that bad, it looks much better with a proper texture pack. But yeah, the 3d models often ruin everything. I pay too much attention details, for example I hate Catalunya and Sepang in game because they look **** while in real life they are amazing
The worst is if you ever visited the real circuit.. My local is Brno so I know how the track should look like and only in Pcars it is "quite" realistic but we are again at the biggest point and it is that EVERY RACING GAME SHOULD HAVE LASER SCANNNED TRACKS

The worst is if you ever visited the real circuit.. My local is Brno so I know how the track should look like and only in Pcars it is "quite" realistic but we are again at the biggest point and it is that EVERY RACING GAME SHOULD HAVE LASER SCANNNED TRACKS
Yeah Brno too. Playing MotoGP15 I realised Brno in game had wrong colour kerb order..
Like in real life it's white-blue-red but in game it was white-red-blue. I mean, come on..At least they fixed it for VRTG. It still looks bad though, so cartoonish

Yeah Brno too. Playing MotoGP15 I realised Brno in game had wrong colour kerb order..
Like in real life it's white-blue-red but in game it was white-red-blue. I mean, come on..At least they fixed it for VRTG. It still looks bad though, so cartoonish
The worst thing about Brno in games is that in real-life it is one of the most hilly circuit and Ive spent all weekend watching from Tribune G (turn 12-13) and it is on really big hill and in games it is quite mid-high and in MotoGP I never crashed in those corners but in real life it is really "lowside" place :D

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 328 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 224 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 221 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 284 13.4%