MGP17 First Look at MotoGP17 (?)

Leading up to the MotoGP weekend in Argentina, Milestone have posted a few images (probably) showing content from the new game. Unsurprisingly, the images look rather disappointing.

17814690_1156689244457556_6198039917017199434_o.jpg

17834024_1156689687790845_8036473464324926062_o.jpg

For as much as can be told from the five screenshots posted, there looks to be no major improvements over last year in terms of 3D model quality, textures or track surroundings.

It's very nice to listen to what they say and I'd love to believe that. But hopefully it's not just honeyed speaches as Jonix is saying.
To me, according to the Rossi video, the bike seems bit more "alive" below the rider which looks nice- I mean it seems not to be as boring straight and just angles changing.

The second thing is their talk about the simulation. I don't personally ride a bike yet so it's hard to say, but maybe they're right as they say that just a few people would be able to ride it confidently on super simulation level.
In my opinion the biggest crack on the bottle is AI which looks unimproved.

Then I would like to ask if any of you has a clue about the customization options. I already asked about it few days ago, but got zero response.
Due to a Ride2 I was sure that there must be at least same customization options and gear variety and not just X-Lite (and AGV) helmets and Alpinestar (/Dainese) gear, but as I saw the hired custom riders I'm a bit worried about it now. Unfortunately seems neither their gear can be various

He missed every single apex.
The AI was on a low level for sure, nevertheless the race seems flat
agreed, Gio! As usual in these previews, EASY DIFFICULTY and a player with no skills. I love that they always mentioned how they were "pressed for time" and therefore are not "used" to the controls. LMAO. If you had ever really played any MotoGP game in the series with "realistic settings" and actually spent time on it, you would NOT look like this playing the game. Not to mention that a basic understanding of racing in general is completely absent. It is painful to watch...every...single...year.

Having said that, it is by far the most promising version visually and from a presentation standpoint. Choosing between a rider and manager career could be interesting indeed. Sound is better, the menus are better, the graphics are better, they clearly improved frame rates and I am looking forward to the editing the physics, as no doubt, THAT WILL BE NECESSARY!!

agreed, Gio! As usual in these previews, EASY DIFFICULTY and a player with no skills. I love that they always mentioned how they were "pressed for time" and therefore are not "used" to the controls. LMAO. If you had ever really played any MotoGP game in the series with "realistic settings" and actually spent time on it, you would NOT look like this playing the game. Not to mention that a basic understanding of racing in general is completely absent. It is painful to watch...every...single...year.

Having said that, it is by far the most promising version visually and from a presentation standpoint. Choosing between a rider and manager career could be interesting indeed. Sound is better, the menus are better, the graphics are better, they clearly improved frame rates and I am looking forward to the editing the physics, as no doubt, THAT WILL BE NECESSARY!!
Some of your physics tweaks were absolutely outstanding, it would be nice to have you back.

Hey guys, I'm passing this year. I'll be studying abroad for 6 months starting this summer. I'd like to say I'm missing out a good game, but I'm afraid for you I'm not missing out anything.

What this franchise needed has not been provided this year. I hope they will make big changes next year, but I fear moving to UE means they'll simply adapt everything without major gameplay innovations.

Offline mode is dead as always...Simply dead and plain

Hey guys, I'm passing this year. I'll be studying abroad for 6 months starting this summer. I'd like to say I'm missing out a good game, but I'm afraid for you I'm not missing out anything.

What this franchise needed has not been provided this year. I hope they will make big changes next year, but I fear moving to UE means they'll simply adapt everything without major gameplay innovations.

Offline mode is dead as always...Simply dead and plain
Do I understand that you will not make any mods ? I was quite looking for your future tracks mods :D

Do I understand that you will not make any mods ? I was quite looking for your future tracks mods :D
Yeah, unfortunately I'll not be able to do anything. Maybe I can try updating something as soon as the game is out.
They've remapped some tracks, which is positive. The 3d models are still bad. Obviously all the colours are ****ed up but hey it's their DNA!

I'd like to say I'm missing out a good game, but I'm afraid for you I'm not missing out anything.
Nobody appreciates your mods more than me. Serious fan of your work. I am also the first to attack Milestone (I have demonstrated this plentiful in the past), but this time, I actually think you are wrong. I feel it will be you missing out on a good game.

The New Highest Difficulty level is called MOTOGP level now, and it is VERY HARD indeed. So far, to appeal as usual to the arcaders out there (still the main buyers of this game), the trailer only shows MEDIUM level, but I just got eyes on unofficial footage and I was stunned. An entirely new LEAN SYSTEM has been developed. The A.I. has been redesigned from zero. They actually went back to the drawing board. They re-worked other physics aspects and FINALLY recorded the REAL MOTO3, MOTO2 and MOTOGP bike sounds. The plan is to take this into a whole new professional direction. You will hear more about this is a minute.

What did I get to see? A very good pilot at the controls, struggling mightily, crashing 3 times in (1!!) lap. Front wheel tucked in, and two high-side crashes. How do I know he's good aside from the fact that one can see how realistically the bike behaves? Well, he is expected to participate in the WORLD'S FIRST EVER eSports MotoGP RACING EVENT sponsored by Red Bull and Dorna and Milestone. This will be held the VALENCIA GP 2017 and will air live on television. Pilots across the world have the chance to put in qualifying times and the 16 fastest will be invited to Valencia and race. And to underline all of what I had the pleasure of seeing - read what the OFFICIAL RED BULL WEBSITE has to say. Without a doubt, this is the most promising version ever and mods could make it easily the BEST.

https://www.redbull.com/gb-en/motogp-17-features

Nobody appreciates your mods more than me. Serious fan of your work. I am also the first to attack Milestone (I have demonstrated this plentiful in the past), but this time, I actually think you are wrong. I feel it will be you missing out on a good game.

The New Highest Difficulty level is called MOTOGP level now, and it is VERY HARD indeed. So far, to appeal as usual to the arcaders out there (still the main buyers of this game), the trailer only shows MEDIUM level, but I just got eyes on unofficial footage and I was stunned. An entirely new LEAN SYSTEM has been developed. The A.I. has been redesigned from zero. They actually went back to the drawing board. They re-worked other physics aspects and FINALLY recorded the REAL MOTO3, MOTO2 and MOTOGP bike sounds. The plan is to take this into a whole new professional direction. You will hear more about this is a minute.

What did I get to see? A very good pilot at the controls, struggling mightily, crashing 3 times in (1!!) lap. Front wheel tucked in, and two high-side crashes. How do I know he's good aside from the fact that one can see how realistically the bike behaves? Well, he is expected to participate in the WORLD'S FIRST EVER eSports MotoGP RACING EVENT sponsored by Red Bull and Dorna and Milestone. This will be held the VALENCIA GP 2017 and will air live on television. Pilots across the world have the chance to put in qualifying times and the 16 fastest will be invited to Valencia and race. And to underline all of what I had the pleasure of seeing - read what the OFFICIAL RED BULL WEBSITE has to say. Without a doubt, this is the most promising version ever and mods could make it easily the BEST.

https://www.redbull.com/gb-en/motogp-17-features
Hi mate, thanks for your kind words. I didn't mean to sound disrespectful, but I really don't feel this game. Yeah, the sounds are finally nice, but it's just I have a lot of things in my mind, lot of doable ideas that would make the game much better, that still haven't found their way to the game. And this makes me sad. Make sure you don't get too excited before you try it, because there's always a lot of hype and expectations for Milestone games, but once you play it you can feel its limitations and they make you sad and angry.
The eSports challenge means that MAYBE online will work now and it will be decent..it was impossible to play on VRTG. Again, frustrating.

I'm sure you guys will make a lot of good works on the game and the community will be grateful for any great effort of yours

P.S. I agree with you, it will be the best of the franchise, obviously, but it's not enough for me. I'll surely try it sooner or later, I love MotoGP too much not to do that!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 296 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 204 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 147 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 262 13.6%