First Lap of Autodromo Hermano Rodriguez

Peratelda was modified due to safety. Extra run off couldn't be built due to a public road behind that section. At speeds of 250km/h, it was to to dangerous. Stop saying tilke killed it. The esses had no run off as well. Same reason why they modified it.

The original was one of my favourites, but there is no way it would work with modern F1 cars, as overtaking would be completely impossible, even with DRS. This new layout is a decent compromise in my view.

Shame about that awesome final turn no longer being part of the circuit, but like Vimal stated above, adding extra run off was physically not possible.

The old layout was cool, I feel the new layout is too simple now that they have removed the S's in the middle sector and especially the last section.The last few turns look exactly like the track in sochi.

I read that some feel sorry for the altered last corner.
Well, we can still hope that F1 comes (again) on Estoril one day. :rolleyes::p
And, speaking of that, here's something my favorite F1 driver manage to complete on other driver I feel huge respect for - one and only Michael Schumacher! JV was a rookie that season and MS, well... wasn't eh...
That move is even on http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2007/01/19/video-top-50-f1-passes-part-v/
top 50 F1 passes, on 6th place! Amazingly... and that that makes this story comes back to it's original is that first place is happened on this exact place =>
1. Nigel Mansell vs Gerhard Berger, Mexico City, 1990
:confused:

Will be interesting, I think we could be in for a surprise here. I loved the old peralta, shame it's mainly gone now. By the way it's border not boarder.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 110 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 286 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 414 39.9%