First F1 'Shield' Concept Images Revealed

It's amazing to see people react to a damn windshield as "unnecessary protection" or "wrap everything in foam". It's a damn windshield. It's gonna make 0 difference in your enjoyment of the sport except if you like to see objects hitting people's heads at high speeds. For that you have the UFC. And if you cannot enjoy F1 anymore and this is just another nail in the coffin , well then what are you complaining about anyway?

It's amazing to see people react to a damn windshield as "unnecessary protection" or "wrap everything in foam". It's a damn windshield. It's gonna make 0 difference in your enjoyment of the sport except if you like to see objects hitting people's heads at high speeds. For that you have the UFC. And if you cannot enjoy F1 anymore and this is just another nail in the coffin , well then what are you complaining about anyway?

man..., u don't bother, we do.
this is open wheel, not your break audi A5
no windshield would have save justin Wilson.

you should read what most of F1 drivers think about that, they're not agree with you.(but may be you know better than them, i can assume that)
what is your last rank in Formula 1 last World Championship ?
so..., i will listen what vettel or Hamilton , hulkenberg, and verstappen say , excuse me.

i wish you a great day watching UFC. (you seems to love it)
came back to post here when you will be more familiar with Formula one (
but i guess you will answer that you are an expert watching F1 since 1980, and blablabla.)
, and stop giving lessons please..., we are not your students.

everyone has his own opinion, respect that and debate instead playing the censor

excuse my english guys.

Last edited:
f1-british-gp-2017-sebastian-vettel-ferrari-sf70-h-with-cockpit-shield.jpg

That actually doesn't look too bad from that angle. Better than I expected at any rate.

(But it makes Seb look about 10 years old sitting down that far. :roflmao: )

:laugh:
Boys are talking about team boycotting Cainz after his latest anti-TR comments. But really... not sure, how could anyone be that unprofessional, Italian based team or not. :D

It´s the rescue rope... when he crashes and the car is hanging in 5m height in the trees, the drivers use this special, alpine proof and NASA tested rope to escape.:sneaky:

f1-british-gp-2017-sebastian-vettel-ferrari-sf70-h-with-cockpit-shield.jpg

That actually doesn't look too bad from that angle. Better than I expected at any rate.

(But it makes Seb look about 10 years old sitting down that far. :roflmao: )

Yes we've 'solved' the very rare and unlikely "things hitting drivers head from the front at speed issue"

Now what new rare and unlikely things will cause drivers to come to harm because of this being present?

I can see mud and a driver having to retire from a race or do a pit-stop, or worse still lose visibility and crash?
Even strong reflections in unopportune situations?

It'll be fun to watch and find out what goes wrong because of this.

man..., u don't bother, we do.
this is open wheel, not your break audi A5
no windshield would have save justin Wilson.

you should read what most of F1 drivers think about that, they're not agree with you.(but may be you know better than them, i can assume that)
what is your last rank in Formula 1 last World Championship ?
so..., i will listen what vettel or Hamilton , hulkenberg, and verstappen say , excuse me.

i wish you a great day watching UFC. (you seems to love it)
came back to post here when you will be more familiar with Formula one (
but i guess you will answer that you are an expert watching F1 since 1980, and blablabla.)
, and stop giving lessons please..., we are not your students.

everyone has his own opinion, respect that and debate instead playing the censor

excuse my english guys.

I didn't direct the post at you nor did I claim that the drivers wanted a windshield, nor that I knew better than the drivers.

I directed it against the people declaring the sport dead every time there is a minor change, in this case one that might or might not save lives.

And if the drivers don't want it, I'm sure they have their reasons. But the viewers not wanting it, as you said, how many F1 world championships does the average racedepartment user have?

Didn't claim expertise on anything, nor did I say I'm an expert. If the windshield doesn't work, it doesn't. I don't have the expertise to state that, nor do you, nor does (almost) anybody declaring this is the end of F1 as we know it on these forums.

So to sum it up, I agree, everybody has an opinion. My opinion is let the drivers/FIA/F1/whoever else involve decide. It won't make a difference for the regular human being with their Audi A5s and their UFC and their expertise of 80s formula 1. That's why I don't declare F1 dead when they put a bit of plexiglass in front of the helmet.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back