First F1 'Shield' Concept Images Revealed

In my opinion this device might solve some popularity issues vs the previous offering but don't solve the issues that caused the last 2 fatalities.
Jules Bianchi died because he was subjected to about 30 G when his car hit a very heavy lifting device that was in a runoff area when he was racing in very poor visibility. Martin Brundles book "working the wheel" warned that the time of day that the Suzuka race occurs and the likelyhood of rain made a recipe for a disaster born of lack of visibility.
The FIA can't admit that their plans contributed so they look for such a " window dressing" solution. They have however changed the time of day that the race is held.
María de Villota died sadly many months after also hitting a truck.

Another couple of student who did not listen in class...

Last post from me... Don't want to turn this into "Winged creatures vs Impending doom" thread...

custom_showroom_1499534814.jpg

No need for the hyperbole - the last two deaths in F1 may have been avoided with this modification.
Oh yes we do, otherways we are soon going to be put in foam just because walking on the street... Last two deaths and last two d... Always the same answer. F1 would be true sport just without TV. If i ever invent a sport like F1 used to be, it's never gonna get in tv, there is all the butthurt's sitting on their sofa's. One reason why TT example is survived this long, no broadcast worldvide. First time if i see it on tv, i know it is dead very soon...

This is dumb, please stop.

The Bianchi incident was a devastating, heart wrenching, and wholly avoidable tragedy. Key words to the FIA: wholly avoidable!!!

If we're driving to work one morning and there was a giant crane on the side of the interstate with no safety measures between it and the road, I'm calling 911! And this is in a closed top car at speeds of 65-75 mph.

To have not red flagged that race (or at least to have brought out the SC) while a recovery operation of that nature was underway was dangerous and irresponsible. Learn from it and stop trying to unnecessarily bullet-proof the cars.

Oh yes we do, otherways we are soon going to be put in foam just because walking on the street... Last two deaths and last two d... Always the same answer. F1 would be true sport just without TV. If i ever invent a sport like F1 used to be, it's never gonna get in tv, there is all the butthurt's sitting on their sofa's. One reason why TT example is survived this long, no broadcast worldvide. First time if i see it on tv, i know it is dead very soon...

About that...

http://roadracingnews.co.uk/tt-2017-tv-schedule-announced/

RIP TT on TVs ITV4 OMG O.B.E. We had a good run :(

Drivers dying or getting severely injured does not improve the sport, in any way. For us as spectators (either at the race or via TV) changes , such as the proposed, will only be cosmetic. This is not killing the sport.

R.I.P. wet races...

But it kinda looks cool. Also I think F1 & windshields aren't that uncommon. We had that once back in the days... But not this big.

EDIT:
BTW, this could do also a favour in sight of aerodynamics. But I'm not an engineerer...

This is dumb, please stop.

The Bianchi incident was a devastating, heart wrenching, and wholly avoidable tragedy. Key words to the FIA: wholly avoidable!!!

If we're driving to work one morning and there was a giant crane on the side of the interstate with no safety measures between it and the road, I'm calling 911! And this is in a closed top car at speeds of 65-75 mph.

To have not red flagged that race (or at least to have brought out the SC) while a recovery operation of that nature was underway was dangerous and irresponsible. Learn from it and stop trying to unnecessarily bullet-proof the cars.
What leaving a JCB at the side of the track of a international race shown in multiple countries a good idea ?
The idea is not just safety , its get smart be smart , that accident could have been avoided , not with FIA safety or car structural safety , but come on man , leaving open areas in bad weather with dangerous equipment laying around is what caused that accident nothing else .

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back