Fine Gravel in Megapack Tracks is Like Sand Traps?

For tracks in the megapack with fine gravel textures (at least that's what I'm calling it, could very well be sand) on the sides, it's extremely slow and difficult to drive out of. So far I've encountered this texture in Road America and Laguna Seca; haven't raced in a stock AMS track with a similar texture to know if the same is true. Meanwhile, I adapted the SCE Kyalami track myself and got the same effect, so I'm wondering if this is something that occurs when a SCE track with these textures is used in AMS? Or whether this is an attempt by the game to simulate something - like are you supposed to call & wait for a push to get free. :) Of course I could also just be better and not drive into them, but I'm too n00b to AMS.

I'm also wondering if anyone else has experienced this and is there a known fix?

I know the sand varies in different tracks from RF1, to SCE, and in AMS. Usually, in real life, you would generally be "beached" and out of the race if you got into the sand. Some of the tracks we have are worse than others. Over the years it seemed like the concept was that you would maybe be able to get out and keep racing but generally you want to stay the heck away from any sand. :)

Well I could see it being a simulation of beaching, if the tires spun at high revs while not getting any traction. That's not what happens on those tracks though, when you end up off to the side in that texture. You just don't get any revs and the car just inches -really more like quarter inches- forward. Going in reverse is a wee bit better, but not much. It's as if the transmission has become outright broken or the wheels are stuck like flies to fly paper. Once you manage to struggle onto the asphalt, 1st gear begins to work again. It gives me the impression of something that's not intended more than a deliberate feature, but I'm new to the game so can't be sure.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back