Finding/Splitting Extra Livery files for Assetto Corsa Game Cars.

Hi,

I did try a search for this but it's a little tricky to get the right search terms.

For cars like the Porsche 919, Audi R18 and most others the liveries included in the game they sometimes have extra livery files, driver names, dashboard, external details, etc.

So for example the 919 had the main livery file but also a file with the drivers names on for the door, plus also a file with the car sponsors on.

I can see why Kunos did it. It allows them to have the main livery in a certain pixel size but the sponsors or details can be saved at a much higher resolution so thereby looking much sharper (and are also flexed less by the model when they are wrapped around the bodywork).

For some liveries supplied by nice people on here you get included the extra files, however as someone who likes to do liveries for AC cars how do you get these extra files in the first place?

Is there a utility that pulls apart files somewhere? Or is this done via something like a 3D program instead, whereby you save the various image maps separately?

Many thanks,

Andrew.

Hi,

I did try a search for this but it's a little tricky to get the right search terms.

For cars like the Porsche 919, Audi R18 and most others the liveries included in the game they sometimes have extra livery files, driver names, dashboard, external details, etc.

So for example the 919 had the main livery file but also a file with the drivers names on for the door, plus also a file with the car sponsors on.

I can see why Kunos did it. It allows them to have the main livery in a certain pixel size but the sponsors or details can be saved at a much higher resolution so thereby looking much sharper (and are also flexed less by the model when they are wrapped around the bodywork).

For some liveries supplied by nice people on here you get included the extra files, however as someone who likes to do liveries for AC cars how do you get these extra files in the first place?

Is there a utility that pulls apart files somewhere? Or is this done via something like a 3D program instead, whereby you save the various image maps separately?

Many thanks,

Andrew.

There's a program out there that will do it but on further reading Kunos don't like you do get things out of their KN5 so I better not discuss here.

It's worth noting that Content Manager can generate AO layers and UV maps (at whatever size you like) from inside the CM showroom when you click on a specific part of the car you're interested in. When you click on an area it will tell you the texture file names, and then you can click beside that to open another window so you can see the texture and generate maps for it. So depending on what it is you might not need the full texture, and you can just use the generated AO and UV to make a new one.

Edit: I could be wrong of course about the KN5 thing, but I'm sure someone much more knowledgeable than me will answer.

Last edited:
There's a program out there that will do it but on further reading Kunos don't like you do get things out of their KN5 so I better not discuss here.

It's worth noting that Content Manager can generate AO layers and UV maps (at whatever size you like) from inside the CM showroom when you click on a specific part of the car you're interested in. When you click on an area it will tell you the texture file names, and then you can click beside that to open another window so you can see the texture and generate maps for it. So depending on what it is you might not need the full texture, and you can just use the generated AO and UV to make a new one.

Edit: I could be wrong of course about the KN5 thing, but I'm sure someone much more knowledgeable than me will answer.

Thanks for that, really useful.

Yes that would make sense as I've seen some liveries where there are literally dozens of files, right down to the image maps for the switches in the interior.

I do have content manager so I'll have a look at that later on tonight, thanks.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back