GT5 Financial Troubles

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Oops, I think I have sold too many second hand cars and tuned a little bit too much.

I am more or less stuck with two cars (pimped bmw m5 and a kart) and hardly any money. It's quite hard to complete any stages at this point as I don't have the proper cars nor the money to buy them.

Any suggestions for quick cash?

If you haven't done them already, the special events are a great source of cash. Most of them give you a car to use, so you don't need your own. If you win the event, you get the money for gold, silver and bronze combined (and the combined XP too). Only problem is that, unlike the the A-Spec events, you can only get the money/XP once.

Whoa sold all your cars, nuts. I have still got every single car i won, including 2 of some car. i must be nearing the 200 mark. I'm not sure what to suggest, special events are good 1 time money makers but with just a BMW M5 there are not a lot of options, not fast enough for the "Like the Wind" and not american enough for the American championship, the big money earners.

You could try to play the b-spec part a bit if haven't played it much. Your driver gets better and you get some money. That M5 should be enough for the driver to beat everything as you go.

Never thought I'd use B-Spec but it's actually been really useful for earning extra cash and prize cars while I've been busy on other things,
won some cool premium cars like a Shelby AC Cobra 427 ‘66 and a DB9 Coupe (great fun car fully lightened, aero'd and powered up!).

The M5 should easily beat the Beginner FR challenge and while its only 8K/win it Averages out to 2.6K / Min of racing and wouldnt take long to afford a Skiyline with some mods then go hit Proffesional Super Car Daytona which is worth 7.2K per minute of track time. At 17K per race the car will quickly pay for itself and cash you back up to bolster your garage again.

Oops, I think I have sold too many second hand cars and tuned a little bit too much.

I am more or less stuck with two cars (pimped bmw m5 and a kart) and hardly any money. It's quite hard to complete any stages at this point as I don't have the proper cars nor the money to buy them.

Any suggestions for quick cash?

See if anyone can 'gift' you a few cars for a while (then you can always 'gift' them back when you've done with them), especially the types you require for certain challenges.

;-)

It is imho quite stupid why the long endurance races pay so little. Just did the first two of them and the prize money was something like 150k per event. Imho the first two endurance events should be something like 500k for the 60 lapper and 2mil for the 4 hour mazda race.

I've been doing the american challenge (zr1@indy) for money and damn it is boring.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back