Finally joined the early access - great! and some questions

so, new PC bought and set up (old one dated from 10-2010, lol) I could finally join the fraccas because now the game i bought half a year ago is finally running.
first impressions: brilliant, it feels like when the original SimBin RACE came out in 2006: my favourite real life series recreated in detail on PC. Same here: this is the Blancpain feel just without John Watson!
After having sorted out wheel setup and all the other little bits and pieces one has to figure out, I have finally played for some time (30 mins or so) and am very happy to have bought into the Early Access. The grayed out bits in the menus do not matter, there is easily enough to explore atm. So far I played the Lambo at Nürburgring and the Nissan (my favourite gt3 car on TV) at Monza and they both feel and look just great.
Some questions:
Is there anything other TR500 users think I should really really know about setting up the wheel atm? Most threads I found deal with older builds, so maybe I overlooked sth.
Why does my name not appear in the Nissan hotlap challenge even though I set a valid time yesterday night? Do I have to register anywhere for these?
Will the AI be told in a later build to please not queue up approaching T1 in lap1? This is just as bad as it was 15 years ago in RACE, my only bit of criticism, actually.
Is it correct that one cannot save games in the middle of the race? Will this be implemented later? Else Endurance events will be out of the question for me :(
Do Kunos still stick with a max of 24 cars on the grid in offline racing?
Thx in advance for any answers or advice given, cu on track.

Reactions: F_B
Why does my name not appear in the Nissan hotlap challenge even though I set a valid time yesterday night? Do I have to register anywhere for these?
I haven't gotten to try 6 yet, I'll be setting up the rig this evening. But I remember issues with the list updating. Not sure if that's still the case, but you would want to make sure your putting in valid lap times. If it doesn't come up straight away give it a few minutes and come back.

Will the AI be told in a later build to please not queue up approaching T1 in lap1? This is just as bad as it was 15 years ago in RACE, my only bit of criticism, actually.
AI are a work in progress, the fact you've only put 30 minutes in (barely a warm up in this kind of racing) I'd reserve judgement if I was you because I've heard good things from other people. The settings Skill and aggression can play a big part in how the AI behaves too.

Is it correct that one cannot save games in the middle of the race? Will this be implemented later? Else Endurance events will be out of the question for me :(
Saving races hasn't been a high priority for sim titles. The focus is often on multiplayer where save games just don't work. I know it's been asked for a lot, so it maybe something they implement at some stage.

Do Kunos still stick with a max of 24 cars on the grid in offline racing?
Also work in progress, but because ACC AI is using the game physics rather than following scripts like in other games they are very resource heavy. It could be the case that big grids (if they come, although I think they did last build) are restricted to online races where there won't be that processing overhead.

T500RS user here.

Just make shure your wheel doesn’t clip by adjusting in game gain. Control panel should be good at default. Maybe add some minimum force, I use 2% according to wheel check app.

Be shure to have road effect turned off! It only generates noise, masking important information. Turn it off!

Other than that read this post by Aris:
ACC FFB

Last edited:
Just make sure your wheel doesn’t clip by adjusting in game gain.
too stupid to find it, will try again tomorrow.
Be shure to have road effect turned off! It only generates noise, masking important information. Turn it off!
weird, it really feels better, makes you wonder why it's there in the first place.

Tried out Misano and the Jag, both brilliant. Pity one could not connect to driver profile after the patch tonight (at least I could not), did a great lap in the Nissan hotlap challenge and it was never registered :(

Saving races hasn't been a high priority for sim titles. The focus is often on multiplayer where save games just don't work. I know it's been asked for a lot, so it maybe something they implement at some stage.

If you are doing a 24 hour race against AI as in the Spa 24 - part of the game - saving races is extremely useful. The last sim to feature the Spa 24 hour race - GTR2 had this feature. rF2 also has this feature through the replay I believe.

Also work in progress, but because ACC AI is using the game physics rather than following scripts like in other games they are very resource heavy. It could be the case that big grids (if they come, although I think they did last build) are restricted to online races where there won't be that processing overhead.

Other games AI use the game physics - its just they use simplified tyre physics because their tyre model is too resource hungry for the AI to use. AC and ACC AI also follows "scripts". Just watch some of Billy Strange's recent youtube videos on AC where he alters the track AI.

so, spent some more time, love love love the sounds and the visuals, the feel through the wheel is great but not quite as precise/convincing as iracing's GT3s. There are still plenty bugs in the gameplay: I wanted to do 2x20 mins at zolder, when the second race was about to get going everyone on the grid just stood and waited … one had to quit the game. almost the same thing happened in a 2x20 game at Monza, race one was fine but race2 everyone but my gt3 started on the warm up lap, car was stuck permanently to its grid Position :( in the third race i tried (single event) i was at Monza again and was down in second to last due to a spin in l2, when i crossed the line for the penultimate time, my crew chief said: well done you're in number one, bring it home safely ???? so i did and i "won" the race rather than finishing second to last. also, an ai car was spun out and never recovered, there were yellows waved but the red merc just stood there, bonnet jutting out onto the track for lap after lap after lap. my fourth race (ferrari at hungaro) was great, no incidents, no weird behaviour, naught.
Change of topic: Wheel and hands cannot be deleted from screen at this point, can they? also fov or sitting position are missing atm, or did i overlook something?

There is an option to remove wheel and hands from the screen through the HUD, I certainly saw it at one point this patch, but to be honest I never understood why you would want to do this. It's not like you're looking at your own wheel while simracing but through the windscreen and the wheel isn't even in the way, or at least it shouldn't.

so, found the settings box ingame when pressing esc, managed to erase the second wheel plus hands and move my seat forward and up until the lit dash hits the lower edge of my screen. has to be done for each car once. fov setting i scrounged from the iRacing fov calculator and the number works just fine in this game as well.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 345 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 236 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 235 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 176 7.9%
  • < 5 years