finally got my iRating back above 1500 first time since being a newbie rookie

It just goes to show that youb don't really need to be a great driver to increase your irating. I think that at the low point in s1 my irating was around the 1000 mark. I've focussed on driving clean races in Late models and SK Mods. With my C license at the begiining of S2 11, I've also been running the odd truck race including a 2nd place at Daytona last week.

All that I've been doing is focussing on running clean races and avoiding silly errors. As an example. I ran a late model session last night having picked up the Rusty Greer set from the forums (as an aside how does he run mid 21's around USA). I'd started 5th (always good to be on te inside at ovals as you tend to lose fewer places at the start. Dropped to 7th running 22.2-22.4. Which I was happy with. I was a fair distance behind 6th when on Lap 35 of 45 a blue driver lost it and when recoverin took out 3,4,5,6. I drove carefully through the carnage and held onto 3rd for the rest of the race. Clean race and a good finish. I think that if you can always aim to finish in the top half.

In doing so, I've finished nearly half of my races in the top 5 this year so far with 4 wins and average incidents per race of 4.58. My SR is now 3.34 and MPR completed for B promotion this season. I'll push to beat 4.0 by mid season just in time for the new nationwide.

All of the SK and LM tracks from next week on are better for me as I've raced them all successfully last season so hoping that shouldn't be too much of an issue.

C'mon race ovals. It's what iRacing's all about.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back