Finally decided to buy rFactor - any advice appreciated

Connor Caple

Slowest Racer in Town...
I have been playing the rFactor demo this week and finally realised there's a 'career mode' :redface: so decided to buy it. (Play.com, £15 on its way)

I have a G25, so any advice on getting it to feel like Race 07 with the wheel would be appreciated. Also, if anyone has any useful suggestion for what to put on the G25's extra buttons I'm listening. :D

Then, it'll just be a case of figuring out what cars and mods to download when I decide to race with some of you. I've had 6 months off from racing so I'm even worse than I was before, which was best described as 'novice' - I used to put the 'new driver' black on yellow cross on the back of my cars if someone was doing me a skin!

I'm sure I'll be back up to my usual slow speed within a week or so :fwd:

First thing to get is realfeel, greatly improves the FFB. It wont feel like Race 07, it'll feel a LOT better. Make sure you look at the mod readme's and use the recommended real feel settings. Also set the ingame to -72% and low. Set the Logitech profiler to 101%, 0%, 0%, 0%, combined pedals off, 900 deg rotation. If you need a bit more FFB turn up the % by a few in rFactor. Also if you're playing the Endurance Series, set the wheel rotation to 600.

I'd use the two wheel buttons for neutral and pit speed limiter. Use the top 4 buttons on the shifter unit for boost up and down, launch control and pit request. Use the D pad for either looking around or for the pit menu (personally I use the keyboard). Bottom row of red buttons, starting at the far left, headlights, lcd mode, ignition, starter. You'll want to use the paddles for look left and right unless you're driving a car that would use the paddles in real life, in which case use the paddles.

Top 5 mods I'd recommend:

Historix
Endurance Series
Supra
AE86
CART Factor

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%