Films about racers/racing

is that a movie?! Thomas, thats amazing one... Do you see those people around there? Those atmosphere? today we can only dream about it :( I missed the best era of the racing in the whole history... I am just watching history videos... I want to born 30 years back (racing was just pure racing, just watch those noble guys in black when they are taking their champ win)

is that a movie?! Thomas, thats amazing one... Do you see those people around there? Those atmosphere? today we can only dream about it :( I missed the best era of the racing in the whole history... I am just watching history videos... I want to born 30 years back (racing was just pure racing, just watch those noble guys in black when they are taking their champ win)

:thumbup: Thx.

I watched this era live on tv, when i was a child, and i was immediately infected. :rally:

Thx for the tips! Perhaps also interesting: http://www.racefanstv.com/ (Pm'ed Bram to get some RD vid's in the SIM channel)

Race-movies: Truth in 24h, Herbie :wink:, Once upon a wheel, but most movies I can think of are more car-related, not really racing related movies.

683.jpg

Herbie! Movie of my child... I love that Lancia and Herbie when they are racing :D it is sweet moment, or when there are those contest in crashes, moving ahead of the other and wait when he get away, or you, or crash... how the guy wants to turn out but Herbie stays! A hero!

@Mike: :p

If anyone's interested, The Great Race - Part 2 - Bathurst 1967-1974, on Vimeo, 1.5 hours long.

Allan Moffat in a Ford Falcon and Peter Brock in a Holden Torana, first wet race in 1972, chopping the car with axes, brilliant :)

"When I knew I can see the whites of Allan's eyes in the mirror, and he was looking at me instead of the track, I thought I'm getting serious here, this is looking good!"

Fred Gibson crashed while overtaking a Charger, ended up on his roof. He commented about it later:
"Someone said to me, why don't you take some lunch with ya? What sort of lunch? Some cut up fruit or sandwiches. So I happened to take along some cut up oranges, and when I rolled over, all these oranges flied right at me. So I wasn't really impressed, and then, it was the first time I rolled the car also, I let my seatbelt go, and crashed my head on the roof. So it wasn't a good day that weekend."

here's a movie to make you guys laugh. talledega nights. starts will ferrel as ricky bobby who is a great nascar driver untill a former f1 driver comes and ruins is career and his life. ricky finds his long lost dad who helps him defeat fear and get back on the racetrack. very funny and you guessed it, with a name of a movie like that, the characters are rednecks :)
maybe one day i'll have my dad bring a camera to daytona (kart race) and show me around the track and i'll show it to you guys.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 355 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 249 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 178 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.3%