Film about Niki Lauda

German TV channel RTL while covering Brazil F1 practice, interviewed young German actor Daniel Brühl (Good Bye Lenin) on his latest project, a film about the life of Niki Lauda. He said they would start shooting soon. Should be good, as Lauda's early life was very interseting, competitive and this guy Brühl is always great.

The movie is called Rush and tells the story of the 1976 crash that Lauda was in. Mere weeks after the accident, he got behind the wheel to challenge his rival, James Hunt. So epicness guaranteed... Daniel Brühl will play Lauda while Chris Hemsworth (Star Trek, Thor) will assume the role of James Hunt. Russell Crowe is rumoured to play Richard Burton. Written by Peter Morgan (Colditz, The last king of scotland) and directed by triple-a director Ron Howard, the release is scheduled for 2013...

EPIC! In English I hope? I can't wait to see how they portray Lauda at Fuji. When I was young I would have pi$$ed all over Lauda for packing it in, but now I admire him that much more. I've become a bigger Lauda fan over the years.

This can be good :) Hopefully it´s not all drama but also some emphasis on the sport with realistic shots onboard cars etc.

Think Formula One is lobbying for a movie called ´1´ or something. Will see what i can find.

Edit: found it, Rush will be coming in September then 1 will be shown around the time of the Austin GP in November.
____________________________________________________________________________________

The second film due in 2013 has maintained a somewhat lower profile, but gets its first showing on Thursday, November 15th, in the run-up to the Inaugural Austin Grand Prix.
Called simply ’1′, the documentary film created by Exclusive Media’s Spitfire Pictures began shooting in January 2010 and tells the story of the golden age of Formula 1, when the sport was unforgivingly dangerous and the drivers lived as heroes, but with many paying the ultimate price. The film includes never-before-seen archive footage, a rich soundtrack and an impressive list of Formula 1 interviewees, including 12 world champions past and present. These include Sir Jackie Stewart, Mario Andretti, Lewis Hamilton, Michael Schumacher, Jenson Button, Sebastian Vettel, Emerson Fittipaldi, Nigel Mansell and Damon Hill.
Other notable interviewees are F1 Chief Bernie Ecclestone, former FIA President Max Mosley, Formula 1 team doctor Professor Sid Watkins, Jacky Ickx, Eddie Jordan and Martin Brundle.
The film makers describe it as being “..a story of the drivers who raced on the edge and those who stood up to change the sport forever, bringing the glamour, speed, danger, and excitement of Formula One Grand Prix racing to the big screen.”
“The early days of Formula 1 racing was a very different time – the risks were high and the characters were larger than life,” said producer Nigel Sinclair.
“Our film is a big screen experience in which we travel across the world with the glamorous circus surrounding this death defying sport but also experience the tragedy that came with it. It’s emotional, frightening and so very, very exciting, but ultimately about humanity and friendship between the drivers.”
“Millions of people worldwide watch the Formula One races as the circus travels the globe, but there are many who just don’t know the history behind this, at one time, incredibly dangerous sport.
Our film conveys the essence of the era while telling this story and giving intimate insight into the life and personality, struggles and triumphs of racing’s pivotal characters,” added the film’s director, Paul Crowder.
Time will tell whether it lives up to such hype, but if you’re in or around Austin on November 15th you can buy tickets to the premiere online for just $15 a seat.

http://skiddmark.com/2012/11/new-fo...rnished-story-premieres-at-austin-grand-prix/

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back