Filling up hard drive ... what can be removed from Assetto corsa?

I have a very small hard drive in my racing computer. Pretty much Assetto Corsa is the only thing on it beyond all the Window 7 stuff, but it is filling up fast.

I only have a couple apps, Tire Pro, Camber extravaganza, helicorsa are about it.

I would like to install an additional, larger hard driver ... but until I can afford to, I'd like to jettison what I don't need to lighten the load and maybe make Assetto Corsa and my video card run more efficiently

There are things in Assetto Corsa that I have never and will never use, such as career mode. I also have a TON of cars, over 62 Gig. I think it might be time to cull the herd.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Last edited:
Career mode is 608Mb without mods. Sure you might as well delete it but doesn't make a huge difference. Also apps take only minimal disk space. The obvious pick here is cars, with them you can easily clear several Gbs. Also: car skins. If you have lots of mods skins, they can take far more space than the actual car. 4K or 8K skins take a pretty massive amount of space for a single skin.

It's probably too obvious, but "unsaved" replays can take a lot of space after a while.

Also some mods might have unresonably large skin files which can be deleted or (as above, compressed).
I'd try getting something like SpaceMonger (very old but free, and gets job done) and visualize what actually takes most of your space on the drive.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back