Cars Files removed on request [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks @Reb.Ellion, I haven't had more than 2 minutes with the update but I did notice that steering rotation can now be set - first version was shown as "0" and we weren't able to change.
With that said, the default is lock=20 and rotation=360 - that is a super quick ratio of 9:1 (barely have to turn the wheel)! I don't know what the real car had but it is way too sensitive at those settings. I couldn't find my go-to chart but this has been floating around the web. It looks like "setup value" = "steering lock" (360 / 2 / 20 = 9:1 ratio). At least now lock/rotation it can be changed.

Nice job on the mod.

upload_2016-12-10_17-48-59.png

Last edited:
I tested a bit, and feels a lot more like the rF2 version, which is good. Good job on that. :thumbsup:

But I agree with William. The steering is a bit too fast and too sensitive now, even trying to increase rotation and decrease steering lock, still turning way too fast.

Yes steering is too fas even changing values. I think is becouse many parameters are duplicated on the .hdv, with different settings.

[CONTROLS]
SteeringFFBMult=0.0
PneumaticTrailGripFractPower=2.5
LowFFBmultiplier=0.15
LowFFBdeadzone=2.0
SteerLockRange=( 10 , 1 , 24 )
SteerLockSetting=22
SteerLockUserSetting=4
SteeringRotation=(540, 0.0, 0)
SteeringRotationSetting=1

UpshiftAlgorithm=(0.97,0.0) // percentage of the rev limit to upshift at. If the 2nd value is non-zero, then we will use it as the exact RPM to upshift at.
DownshiftAlgorithm=(0.9,0.85,0.6) // percentage of "optimum" downshift point in high gears, percentage of "optimum" downshift point in low gears, oval adjustment.
SteerLockUserSetting=4 // Default steering lock setting (applied when CUSTOM USER ROTATION is set to YES);
SteeringRotation=(360, 10.0, 36) // Rotation settings (when CUSTOM USER ROTATION is set to NO) in degrees - minimum rotation, increment per setting, number of settings - so in this case minimum rotation is 360º, each increment adds 10º, and there are 10 settings (ranges from 360 to 450º)
SteeringRotationSetting=0 // Default setting for the car (0 means default is 360º)

SteerLockRange=(5.0, 0.5, 49)
SteerLockSetting=30

RearBrakeRange=(0.200, 0.005, 121)
RearBrakeSetting=35
BrakePressureRange=(1.0, 0.0, 1)
BrakePressureSetting=0
HandbrakePressRange=(0.00, 0.0, 1) //
HandbrakePressSetting=0
AutoUpshiftGripThresh=0.63 // auto upshift waits until all driven wheels have this much grip (reasonable range: 0.4-0.9)
AutoDownshiftGripThresh=0.63 // auto downshift waits until all driven wheels have this much grip (reasonable range: 0.4-0.9)
TractionControlGrip=(1.00, 0.20) // average driven wheel grip multiplied by 1st number, then added to 2nd
TractionControlLevel=(0.30, 0.90) // effect of grip on throttle for low TC and high TC
ABS4Wheel=1 // 0 = old-style single brake pulse, 1 = more effective 4-wheel ABS
ABSGrip=(1.00, 0.20) // grip multiplied by 1st number and added to 2nd
ABSLevel=(0.30, 0.90) // effect of grip on brakes for low ABS and high ABS
OnboardBrakeBias=1 // Whether brake bias is allowed onboard

I think this old car has 720 degrees with 20 of steering lock. Like Group 5 cars on R3E. These are the values for 720-20:

[CONTROLS]
SteeringFFBMult=0.0
PneumaticTrailGripFractPower=2.5
LowFFBmultiplier=0.15
LowFFBdeadzone=2.0
SteerLockRange=( 4 , 1 , 30 )
SteerLockSetting=16
SteerLockUserSetting=16
SteeringRotation=(360, 10.0, 55)
SteeringRotationSetting=36

UpshiftAlgorithm=(0.97,0.0) // percentage of the rev limit to upshift at. If the 2nd value is non-zero, then we will use it as the exact RPM to upshift at.
DownshiftAlgorithm=(0.9,0.85,0.6) // percentage of "optimum" downshift point in high gears, percentage of "optimum" downshift point in low gears, oval adjustment.
RearBrakeRange=(0.200, 0.005, 121)
RearBrakeSetting=35
BrakePressureRange=(1.0, 0.0, 1)
BrakePressureSetting=0
HandbrakePressRange=(0.00, 0.0, 1) //
HandbrakePressSetting=0
AutoUpshiftGripThresh=0.63 // auto upshift waits until all driven wheels have this much grip (reasonable range: 0.4-0.9)
AutoDownshiftGripThresh=0.63 // auto downshift waits until all driven wheels have this much grip (reasonable range: 0.4-0.9)
TractionControlGrip=(1.00, 0.20) // average driven wheel grip multiplied by 1st number, then added to 2nd
TractionControlLevel=(0.30, 0.90) // effect of grip on throttle for low TC and high TC
ABS4Wheel=1 // 0 = old-style single brake pulse, 1 = more effective 4-wheel ABS
ABSGrip=(1.00, 0.20) // grip multiplied by 1st number and added to 2nd
ABSLevel=(0.30, 0.90) // effect of grip on brakes for low ABS and high ABS
OnboardBrakeBias=1 // Whether brake bias is allowed onboard

Now you can set from 360 degrees to 900 if you want. Same for steering lock up to 30. But the car by default is set on 720-20.

Last edited:
Tested with 720-20 and dosen´t like more like yesterday. Yersterday I have set the car on 540-21 and it drives a lot better. And I take a look on R3E and GTO cars have 540 degrees (audi).

Reb.Ellion updated Toyota Celica GTO 1987 with a new update entry:

Toyota Celica GTO 1987 V1.03

First of all I would like to apologize that you have to download the file again.
I have some changes which hopefully increase the driving experience to the mod.

- deleted double entries in the hdv, and added Thug-Life's improvements. Thank you sir for helping me out.
- Brake pressure adjustable
- resized Manufacturer logo (It is no longer narrow in the corner during the loading process.)
- edited some entries in the .veh's

How to Install: Unpack in your Steam \ SteamApps \ common \...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Reb.Ellion submitted a new resource:

Toyota Celica GTO 1987 - Toyota Celica GTO 1987 for Automobilista by Rebellion

Read more about this resource...
Reb.Ellion submitted a new resource:

Toyota Celica GTO 1987 - Toyota Celica GTO 1987 for Automobilista by Rebellion

Read more about this resource...
Hey Reb,
in case your planning any future updates to this wonderful conversion, adjustments to the cockpit view moving forward in the cockpit.ini file don't seem to have any effect. View stays in orig. setting...
Cheers,
G

Thanks for the continued work. i don't mind downloading it a 100 times if I must! Appreciate the efforts and the help from others. Always good when people are working together!

@Reb.Ellion, thanks again for your work. I tend to switch between regular cockpit and TV cockpit at time to time. Is there a tweak I can do to replicate the rF2 TV cockpit view? Note, the other views are similar but the AMS TV cockpit view to me makes the car look a little weird (both sims set to similar FOV etc.).

TV Cockpit view:
upload_2016-12-11_11-53-21.png

upload_2016-12-11_11-53-40.png

Cockpits views are similar.
upload_2016-12-11_11-54-51.png

upload_2016-12-11_11-55-6.png

search in your Steam \ SteamApps \ common \ automobilista \ GameData \ Vehicles \ Toyota_CelicaGTO \ CELICAGTO1987.CAM folder for this entry
LocalCam=TVCOCKPIT
{
Fov=(89, 50)
Clear=TRUE
Color=(255, 255, 255)
ClipPlanes=(0.1, 700)
LODMultiplier=(1)
Size=(1, 1)
Center=(0.5, 0.5)
MipmapLODBias=(0)
Flags1=(0)
Flags2=(0)
OrientationRate=(200, 800, 99)
PositionOffset=(0, 0.270, 0.550)
OrientationOffset=(-0.09, 0, 0)

}
and change to:
LocalCam=TVCOCKPIT
{
Fov=(89, 50)
Clear=TRUE
Color=(0, 0, 0)
ClipPlanes=(0.1, 700)
LODMultiplier=(1)
Size=(1, 1)
Center=(0.5, 0.5)
MipmapLODBias=(0)
Flags1=(0)
Flags2=(0)
OrientationRate=(200, 800, 99)
PositionOffset=(0, 0, 0)
OrientationOffset=(-0.09, 0, 0)
}

adjust with FOV

nothing personal. I should have written much earlier.
If I had known what is coming to me, I would never have offered this mod here. I have never promised you a rF2 copy for AMS and yet it seems to me as if I had done it.:( If you want the mod as in rF2, you have to drive it in rF2.

If you are referring to me @Reb.Ellion, I'm not expecting the GTO mod to work exactly at the rF2 version. Will I comment on the differences, I guess I have. Beggars can't be choosy, what you have provided up to this point is fine with me. And as you say, those of us that have rF2 can drive the GTO there is that's our preference. I guess I also wanted the AMS racers to experience this great rF2 mod.
I guess its inevitable, if a mod is released for more than one sim there will be comparisons. Another example, I had been driving the URD content (T5/DTM, EGT, etc.) in rF2 for some time, I decided to pick up the URD T5 mod for AC...needless to say I didn't like how the T5 mod drove in AC. But in this case I didn't have a @Reb.Ellion guy to suggest changes ;)

If you are referring to me @Reb.Ellion, I'm not expecting the GTO mod to work exactly at the rF2 version. Will I comment on the differences, I guess I have. Beggars can't be choosy, what you have provided up to this point is fine with me. And as you say, those of us that have rF2 can drive the GTO there is that's our preference. I guess I also wanted the AMS racers to experience this great rF2 mod.
I guess its inevitable, if a mod is released for more than one sim there will be comparisons. Another example, I had been driving the URD content (T5/DTM, EGT, etc.) in rF2 for some time, I decided to pick up the URD T5 mod for AC...needless to say I didn't like how the T5 mod drove in AC. But in this case I didn't have a @Reb.Ellion guy to suggest changes ;)
as i said, nothing personal. Peace for all

This is great fun, thanks for bringing this to AMS, running this at Bathurst reminds me of the early big banger days and the XD, XE Falcons and George Fury's Nissan Bluebird, ah... those where the days :)

Last edited:
Hi Reb,

Love the car and the club are having great fun with it. We are a version behind as it's not server update time yet but I wondered if the update included a fix for the brakes? What I mean is that the front left brake heats up much more than the front right which after a few laps leads to an imbalance under braking. Unless this was a feature of the real car :o ?

Hi Mate

Great conversion and it works well in AMS. Something that always bothered me in the RF2 version was no clutch was needed when using a H pattern box & clutch and the same applies in this version. If I remember rightly RF2 does not have a clutch model and the same has been carried over here. I have modded the HDV file to enable the clutch and also changed some of the values on the clutch to make it what I consider more realistic. I have uploaded a copy of my modded HDV for you or anyone else to try if they want. If you want it back to auto you can just enable auto clutch in the options.

No other values have been changed.

****removed****

Video with modded HDV

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back