Figuring out what you own/what you need to buy.

metalnwood

Premium
OK, so with LFM I am interested but at the same time, I mentioned in the last content drop thread, it's costly to have to own every bit of content on a server to drive one car.

So I am looking what I need to do if I want to explore this. In the past when I was using rf2 I had bought the endurance pack and the gt3 pack. Since then there has been a lot more content. They still sell the gt3 pack and the endurance pack but it is now different. I own some of the content in each but not all.

It is impossible on the steam store to see what you do own and what you dont without clicking on each item. It would be really nice at a high level if it told you that you won the oreca but not the ligar without having to click on each. Its what it is though.

An example is that I have to print the content of the endurance pack and then individually find each item, click on it to see if i own that item. Then individually buy each car that wasnt in the pack when I bought it because if you rebuy the pack you pay for all the stuff you already own? i.e. no rebate for the content you did have.

Anyhow, is this how it is? Am I on the wrong track? Because I bought parts of the content in earlier apcks before they were expanded I just have to figure out all i dont own manually and buy them individually?

Thx!

Last edited:
I just have to figure out all i dont own manually and buy them individually?

Thx!

Kinda.

There is now an in-game store, which is linked to steam store. That in-game store should only show you what you don't own.
Idk if the packs you own parts of will show up there or not.

Btw, I see you are a premium member, you are aware we do rF2 races every week here at RD as well? :)

That is it, wait for seasonal sales to mitagate duplicate purchases. Or find the remaining items and buy them individually. However, compare the package price to the total of the individual cars. If the solo car purchases cost more than the full pack, just buy the pack. You'll save money and get all the content. If you CANNOT overlook buying something twice, (even if the duplicates cost less overall) then pass.

Kinda.

There is now an in-game store, which is linked to steam store. That in-game store should only show you what you don't own.
Idk if the packs you own parts of will show up there or not.
Thanks! I just found that as well. Having not used it for a bit I didnt notice the in game store.

I tried and it tells me that for the endurance pack it will be cheaper to buy the missing items individually and then lists the missing items. Would be nice if it added them to the cart if i wanted. I still have to take a screenshot and then find them all.

Thanks! I just found that as well. Having not used it for a bit I didnt notice the in game store.

I tried and it tells me that for the endurance pack it will be cheaper to buy the missing items individually and then lists the missing items. Would be nice if it added them to the cart if i wanted. I still have to take a screenshot and then find them all.

You can add them in-game, basically the in-game store works just like the steam store. It's all connected! :)

That is it, wait for seasonal sales to mitagate duplicate purchases. Or find the remaining items and buy them individually. However, compare the package price to the total of the individual cars. If the solo car purchases cost more than the full pack, just buy the pack. You'll save money and get all the content. If you CANNOT overlook buying something twice, (even if the duplicates cost less overall) then pass.
Thanks, figuring it out now :) It doesnt phase me that you technically buy something twice if its cheaper.

I do see it will cost me about a hundred of my pesos to join the btcc and enduro races.

I think for now I will hold back, check out the alpine series and I see that LFM have open wheeler series about to drop.

That should give me a good idea how their servers perform in this part of the world as well.

Thanks, figuring it out now :) It doesnt phase me that you technically buy something twice if its cheaper.

I do see it will cost me about a hundred of my pesos to join the btcc and enduro races.

I think for now I will hold back, check out the alpine series and I see that LFM have open wheeler series about to drop.

That should give me a good idea how their servers perform in this part of the world as well.
Single Seater Mondays on RD ;P BTCC tomorrow! Haha, advertising done.

rF2 should work quite well worldwide. During Covid we had an Aussie-gang hosting events in rF2, they used a local server for that, but they also joined our EU-server. And with the exception of their server being a bit overloaded with many drivers, a ping of 150-160 didn't cause issues. rF2 is quite handy that way.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back