Resource icon

Steering Wheels Fictional OLED Displays 4 All Cars 3.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Salut Gilles submitted a new resource:

WARNING: Installing this mod will also change some, if not all classic 80-90s cars' dashboard displays. Restoration of all previous, or original game's 4 files inside the f12013\simplefonts folder will be mandatory if standard dashboard displays are to be wanted for CLASSIC 80-90s after having installed this mod. Be very careful and make a backup of your simplefonts folder b4 making any change. Also, if you don't like the idea of FICTIONAL mods, don't download this mod to begin with. ALWAYS back up your files b4 copying any mod.

Fictional OLED Displays ('2014') newer version 3.0
This (now-it's-true) FINAL version includes an All White for 2014 Mercedes bonus!
f1_2013_2014_04_03_12_37_02_899.jpg f1_2013_2014_04_04_14_14_30_296.jpg f1_2013_2014_04_04_14_15_40_990.jpg f1_2013_2014_04_04_14_17_03_889.jpg f1_2013_2014_04_04_14_37_25_507.jpg f1_2013_2014_04_04_14_39_02_080.jpg f1_2013_2014_04_04_14_39_16_663.jpg

See more screenshots at the Updates tab page up here ^^^

Fantasy "2014-mods driving" with Fictional OLED (Organic Light Emitting Diodes).

- Back up all your files located in your Steam\SteamApps\Common\f12013\simplefonts folder

Read more about this resource...

Last edited:
If you use my led,s that are in the wheel template m8 , and then line your letters up ontop of mine the spacing will be perfect I lined them up just nice :thumbsup:

Scroll further down to read about the final Version 2.0 update (includes previous v1.1, black & blue digits, v1.2, black & red, and v1.3, black & black).

Last edited:
Fictional OLED Displays 4 All Cars v1.1 is still available for download at the Version History tab ^^^
Note: The Download Now button 'now' downloads the final Version 2.1 3.0 (which includes this previous v1.1, as it's been moved as is inside its Black Gears & Blue Speeds folder)

WARNING: Backup your f12013\simplefonts folder (4 files) to copy them back in there for 90s cars. A backup of the original is provided, read below.

View attachment 52537 View attachment 52538
View attachment 52539 View attachment 52540
View attachment 52541 View attachment 52542
View attachment 52543 View attachment 52544
View attachment 52545 View attachment 52546

(Don't say you've not been warned....= Back up all your files located...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Last edited:
I went at the PCU-8D page and that white color I must admit it would be very hard for me to emulate exactly, due to the lack of proper tools (I only have photoshop cc evaluation here, and tbh, don't really have a clue how to work effectively with it). Paint.NET 4 Beta is much more user-friendly for me to work with. Also, the platform I use is not the latest hardware on market, so if you would prefer a perfect job, I am afraid I could not deliver it. Perhaps the white would be a bit 2 much pixelated here.

My work is a lot 'dirty' compared to yours, for instance. ;)

But I don't care, since I can imagine my devices being a bit dirty with oil stains, fingerprints, dust, et al . I could do an approximation of that whitish color, but not really exact. ... Thanks! :ninja:

Last edited:
Thanks for this mod, can I request the numbers to light up white like for example Mercedes (look up the PCU-8D). Maybe in a future update?

Just 1 more note i forgot to mention: A lap or two b4 the end of the race, Sunday, I saw Button driving as they showed a portion of a lap from his McLaren's T-cam, and his gears' digits were black, not white, nor greenish (as shown at the page there) and the background were as dark grayed as this mod is.

These devices colors can be programmed individually (edit: to the driver's choices), so I understand they're not all the same accross the board. That's why I did the version 1.1 with black digits for the gears.

Last edited:
Just 1 more note i forgot to mention: A lap or two b4 the end of the race, Sunday, I saw Button driving as they showed a portion of a lap from his McLaren's T-cam, and his gears' digits were black, not white, and the background were as dark grayed as this mod is. These devices colors can be programmed individually, so I understand they're not all the same accross the board. That's why I did the version 1.1 with black digits for the gears.

Hey thanks for the consideration! I'd love the OLED version with all you mentioned as options in white! I noticed that Jensen programs his differently so it would be great to have individual team OLED schemes in this game. Maybe do an all black and all white version?
Thanks again!!

Alright! :) I will proceed to do a version 1.3 (now included into v3.0)with all black digits, and a 1.4 (now also in version 3.0) with all white (hopefully, not too much pixelated in this game...) :cool:

Last edited:
Salut Gilles updated Fictional OLED Displays 4 All Cars with a new update entry:

ALL Black Gears & Black Speed, PEN, PIT IN, and green sand-timer icon version

This version (Edit: Now also included in Version 3.0) features OLED-like BLACK GEAR digits, BLACK SPEED digits, BLACK PEN & PIT IN characters, and GREEN sand-timer icon (to indicate how much ERS charge is left on each lap, since this 2014-system is not managed manually in RL).

Last edited:
FIXED: If you're watching this OLED-mod thread because the v1.3 update does not work, the solution to it not working is simple: Just copy the 3 XML files you can find in any of the other v1.1 or v1.2 updates of this mod, and your v1.3 version will work just fine. Apologies for the mix up here on my part: I copied the game's original XMLs into the mod's simplefonts folder by inadvertance. Sorry. First time in years this happens to me. :(
Apologies: My bad + Fatigue...
Edit: Everything is working fine and has been included in Version 3.0 Final as of April 1, 2014.

Last edited:
Thanks again! I will be trying it when i'm home from work. The black looks perfect, this will look great when I use the Mclaren!

Thanks! I am ready to upload the 'final' version 3.0 that includes all 3 previous updates, as I tried to do an all white digits version, but unfortunately, the displaying of light-color digits in this game makes them appear way too much pixelated (at my louzy 4xMSAA settings, though). On the other hand, I could give a detailed explanation via PM (Conversation) on how I did the mod, starting with chargingcar's 3DS template, and using the Histogram settings of Paint.NET's Ajustments | Levels... menu to dim-out the big white bloom in the backgrounds, and make them appear more grayish, like backlit Organic Light-Emitting Diodes.

2014 teams using OLED displays are McLaren, Mercedes, Ferrari, Sauber, and Toro Rosso. Teams not using OLED displays (yet) are: Red Bull, Lotus, Williams, Force India, Caterham, and Marussia.

Last edited:
Salut Gilles updated Fictional OLED Displays 4 All Cars with a new update entry:

Fictional OLED Displays 4 All Cars Complete

This final (Edit: Bonus all-white add-on version for 2014 Mercedes coming up soon, b4 Bahrain's FP3 session)

Version 2.0 features:

1 backup folder (game's originals)

1 Black Gears & Black Speeds folder

1 Black Gears & Blue Speeds folder

1 Black Gears & Red Speeds folder

OLED-like BLACK GEAR digits, and BLACK, BLUE, or RED SPEED digits, Pxx (Position), PEN (Penalty), PIT IN characters, and a sand-timer icons (to indicate how much ERS charge is left on each lap)...

Edit: Bonus all-white version coming up (now in Version 3.0) b4 Bahrain's 2014 FP3 session's beginning :)

Last edited:

WHITE GEARS & WHITE SPEEDS bonus for 2014-mod Mercedes Update (V3.0)

This (now-it's-true) final version 3 features a stunning bonus:

A All White for 2014 Mercedes folder,
See screenshots in the original first post of this thread, and at the Updates (5) tab page above ^^^

Noto: I know these small screens look dirtier than my phone does :laugh: oil stains+dust distort pixels
Note: Installing one of @Winner's No glare mod from his .rar package titled enhanced graphics plus ver1.2 is highly recommended b4 playing with this bonus All White for 2014 Mercedes, and can be downloaded...

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 124 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 332 28.1%