Resource icon

Steering Wheels Fictional OLED Displays 4 All Cars 3.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
amazing mod!
but i would like to ask:
the "all white for 2014 mercedes" can work on the other cars?

Yes. At the time I made these, the All White for Mercedes was the last color-scheme mod I did in this package, minutes after watching the video of Lewis Hamilton in the Mercedes simulator, and I was not sure if all the other teams with same displays (Ferrari, McLaren, Sauber, and Toro Rosso) were also going to use the white characters. It was only later on in Bahrain that I saw all of them using white characters during the nightime Qualy and also during the nightime race.

These devices can be programmed to display characters in different colors, maybe because the choice of which colors to use is up to the drivers or their team's preferences. In Malaysia, for example, I saw Jenson Button driving in daytime on track a few laps b4 the end of the race, and his gears characters were black, while at nightime in Bahrain, the same gears characters were white. Probably because the sunlight does not make white characters visible enough while driving, and the darker environments do not make the black characters visible enough too. But it's all just speculation on my part, because I am just guessing here.

So, in the game, you can even leave the All White color-combination mod in there for all cars if you want, and then drive cars that don't have these devices on their wheels in RL (Caterham, Force India, Lotus, Marussia, Red Bull, and Williams), but it would not be closer to reality, but farther from it. All in all, you can use any one of the 4 color combination with all cars, but the recommendations would be:

Nightime driving:
-> All White pack for Ferrari, McLaren, Mercedes, Sauber, Toro Rosso.

Daytime driving:
-> All Black pack or Black & Blue for McLaren. The others I don't know yet, except... maybe...
-> All Black pack or Black & Red pack for Ferrari... ;)

To sum it up, in 2014:
Teams still using the standard
LEDs' PCU-6D (so far... may change later, but doubtful) are:
Caterham, Force India, Lotus, Marussia, Red Bull, and Williams

Teams using the newly introduced
OLEDs' PCU-8D by McLaren Labs are:
Ferrari, McLaren, Mercedes, Sauber, and Toro Rosso

(I "suspect" Toro Rosso got theirs as a "testing" team for Red Bull, maybe to see how fast drivers can adapt to it b4 installing them on the Red Bull cars... It's not like Red Bull don't have the cash it would require to pay for them...).

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 198 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.5%
  • < 5 years