Fiat Regata 75 S.ie, 75 i.e., 100S and 100S Taxi version

Alright, I hereby release my Fiat Regata with a year delay or so. It's the European version and it comes in 4 variants with 2 engine versions of 75 or 100 hp. As with my older releases I've put some special effort to these versions, make sure to check them out.

Bugs: Racer develops quicker than I manage my releases, this was tested with racer 088; everything worked somewhat, apart from flares and needles flickering. Other than that this was carefully put together, I aimed for a clean and beautiful release.

Special thanks go out to Fangio, Cosmo and AmgFan!!!!

Fiat Regata 75 S i.e. and 75 i.e.:
http://www.hotshare.net/file/272196-8951454a8e.html

Fiat Regata 100 S and 100 S Taxi versions:
http://www.hotshare.net/file/272199-1151569a84.html

Looking forward to comments and feedback,
Regards

Attachments

• 75ie_1.jpg
    75ie_1.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 1,580
  • 75ie_2.jpg
    75ie_2.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 15,819
  • 75Sie_1.jpg
    75Sie_1.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 985
  • 75Sie_2.jpg
    75Sie_2.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 1,157
  • 100S_1.jpg
    100S_1.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 1,094
  • 100S_2.jpg
    100S_2.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 2,959
  • 100taxi_1.jpg
    100taxi_1.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 1,717
  • 100taxi_2.jpg
    100taxi_2.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 2,281
Very much I was glad when I saw release Fiat Regata. However it is a pity that I can't travel around by it in Racer (I'm using the 0.5.3 version. b5). Why I can't travel around Fiat Regata (in both versions - 75 and 100)? At selection of the car for me for a brief lapse a window is coming in, he is disappearing and the game exit to Windows.
In the QLOG.txt file I found thing:

(...)

Sun Jul 04 17:08:05 (WARN ): [racer/940] REngine: engine braking torque at rpm=850 is 0; that's not realistic
Sun Jul 04 17:08:05 (WARN ): [racer/940] Car 'fiat_regatta_100' suspension0 is bad: maxLength<restLength (0.34<0.39)
Sun Jul 04 17:08:05 (WARN ): [racer/940] Car 'fiat_regatta_100' suspension1 is bad: maxLength<restLength (0.34<0.39)
Sun Jul 04 17:08:05 (WARN ): [racer/940] Car 'fiat_regatta_100' suspension2 is bad: maxLength<restLength (0.34<0.38)
Sun Jul 04 17:08:05 (WARN ): [racer/940] Car 'fiat_regatta_100' suspension3 is bad: maxLength<restLength (0.34<0.38)
Sun Jul 04 17:08:05 (WARN ): [racer/940] DShader:CreateFromMaterial(); need a texture
Sun Jul 04 17:08:05 (WARN ): [racer/940] DShader:CreateFromMaterial(); need a texture
Sun Jul 04 17:08:05 (WARN ): [racer/940] Variable set of diffs not yet supported. Don't use it.
Sun Jul 04 17:08:05 (WARN ): [racer/940] No differential ratio in car.ini; using gearbox.end_ratio instead
Sun Jul 04 17:08:05 (WARN ): [racer/940] (this is obsolete; use differential.diff<x>.ratio from now on)

(...)
Whether he will let be formed this way, if only Fiat Regata acted under older Racer versions (for example 0.5.3 b5)? I don't want to take an updated version of the game down only therefore one car for me doesn't work.

poorwich: These are all warnings, not errors. I haven't tried the car in your version of Racer, but it shouldn't crash because of them. Does your QLOG show any real [error]?

As Hierafas mentioned, we developed the car for a recent beta version of Racer, so there are some differences in the car.ini file that your version can't interpret.
The braking torque is no longer a single variable, we define it as a .crv file now.
The suspension length definitions have changed about a year ago, to support a very important feature of real vehicles, called precompression.
The differential section has changed in syntax, so we need to use different parameter names now and support more differential types (well, if they'd actually work...).

I'm sorry, but the Racer version you use is simply too old. If I'd change the car.ini to make it compatible for your version, it'd be only half the car.
If you can, please consider updating to a more recent beta, it's worth it not just for the Regata :)

Hiya Cosmo°,

Nice looking car, and since I am since in the 06.5.4-0.8.10-0.6.55 hybrid* Racer version, I guess i can't enjoy your (cg/up -to- date) car?
:eek:

It looks great, and I will get it one day....:D

(* I downloaded 0.8.10, and 06.5.5-and put them into my Racer folder{0.6.5.4} Windows XP copied/pasted/overwrite some of the files...)....so I get some new features, better fps, but no cg....and my gauges and needles finally work!:D)
Sorry for the Off topic, just wanted to say congratulations on the release, and it looks great!

Cobra, this car doesn't use cg shaders, just the simple text based ones. There are some newer features as flares included that could become a problem. Did you give it a try though?

Cobra: The car was developed for v0.8.8, so it's recommended you run at least that, or better yet a newer version of Racer with this car. I'd actually suggest you try the racer_nocg.exe that comes with v0.8.11.

The only thing you need to change is rename car.shd to car_nocg.shd, so that Racer can identify the shader cues correctly. You can do this with any car or track that still has the old shader style, they're (mostly) all compatible with the latest beta this way.

boomer541: What kind of QLOG errors do you get with the Regata? Since the car was developed for a slightly older Racer beta, I had to rename car.shd to car_nocg.shd now and loaded it up in v0.8.11 with racer_nocg.exe on a clean no_cg track. The only error I get is about missing an AI file, plus a few fallback notes on parameters that Ruud added to car.ini since v0.8.8.

If you load the car with the default Cg racer.exe and without renaming car.shd, you'll get a ton of shader errors of course, but that's to be expected.

Let me know what you find :)

Thanks for the advise, hierafas, but I haven't tried it yet.
However, you and Cosmo° have given me the motivation to at least try to download the car.:D
I'll be downloading the 0.8.1.1 version and loading the non_cg.exe.
And don't worry, I will give comments if needed. But I must say, the pictures do look nice. :)

Great car Hierafas, certianly interesting round the corners but i suppose the real one is too. Good interior, good exterior and sounds are good too, cheers.

Qlog errors:

car fiat_regatta_75 both sie and eleganza
[racer/2760] No shader found for material 'txt_exhaust' in 'data/cars/fiat_regatta_75/mdl_exterior.dof' (default 'txt_exhaust.tga')
[racer/2760] No shader found for material 'txt_exhaust' in 'data/cars/fiat_regatta_75/mdl_interior.dof' (default 'txt_exhaust.tga')
[racer/2760] No shader found for material 'default_material' in 'data/cars/fiat_regatta_75/mdl_wheel_left.dof' (default '<no texture>')
[racer/2760] No shader found for material 'default_material' in 'data/cars/fiat_regatta_75/mdl_wheel_right.dof' (default '<no texture>')

Should have these fixed, they are technically warnings but when making a car/track there should be no Qlog statements about the car/track other than the normal ones you get when running the Lambo on carlswood.

boomer541: You're running Racer version v0.8.11, racer_nocg.exe and have renamed the car.shd files of the four models in total to car_nocg.shd each, on a track that also has a track_nocg.shd? Under these conditions, I get no errors at all in QLOG, with either model grade of the Regata.

If you're mixing Cg and non-Cg content, you get the kind of shader error logs you've shown. I checked that as well to see how you might have gotten them. I'm happy to fix any errors, so please keep me updated.

I'm sorry if it's an inconvenience with the .shd file renaming, but the car was in development for a long time and when we wrapped it up, Ruud didn't yet give us those opportunities.

FiftyOrange: I'd like to continue the monthly polls as well, though at the moment I'm holding back until we have a more steady flow of releases again. Perhaps the upcoming stable version of Racer can provide a platform for that to happen.

FiftyOrange: I'd like to continue the monthly polls as well, though at the moment I'm holding back until we have a more steady flow of releases again. Perhaps the upcoming stable version of Racer can provide a platform for that to happen.

Totally understandable, it's really not worth it for the 1 or 2 releases every month.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 329 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 460 39.2%