AC Fiat Abarth 500 S1 @ Blackwood - Wed 23th July 2014

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
to be able to watch a race of this fast guys would be great anyways! Maybe this feature is added sometimes.
They only could have restarted the server as an password protected pick-up server, so we could have joined but I guess that is not the idea of RD...
I'll be back...on Friday :D

Guys, the server got updated and some things changed back to defaults, causing the flying cars problem. I couldn't do anything but change the settings and restart the server. :(

Hope to see you on the next race!

LOL at myself. In the middle of the race I realized I just had enough fuel for 17 laps, somehow I thought the race was 15 laps long. And I was pressing the wrong button in my wheel to speak in the TeamSpeak, so obviously nobody could hear me lol. Anyway, I really like how the track changes its conditions, cool feature.

Hope to race you soon guys

LOL at myself. In the middle of the race I realized I just had enough fuel for 17 laps, somehow I thought the race was 15 laps long. And I was pressing the wrong button in my wheel to speak in the TeamSpeak, so obviously nobody could hear me lol. Anyway, I really like how the track changes its conditions, cool feature.

Oh man, at first I thought you got a 5 sec. penalty, but then I realized that you ran out of fuel.. That's a shame. You got some very nice laptimes till that point though :)

How long did it take for track to be at optimum (grip) conditions? When hotlapping, it felt very slippery for the first two laps and then felt better with every lap, reaching optimum very fast.

How long did it take for track to be at optimum (grip) conditions? When hotlapping, it felt very slippery for the first two laps and then felt better with every lap, reaching optimum very fast.
Mmm can't give you an exact answer. My pb was 29.8xx and I managed to do 30 lows around lap 12-13 if I'm not wrong. Then I had to slow down to finish the race:D

I was monitoring the track grip with a dev app.

The qual. started with 84% grip and the track gained 1% grip every time 10 cars crossed the start-finish line. So it needed 160 (combined) laps to get back to 100% grip. That happened at the 2/3rds of the qualifying.

I was monitoring the track grip with a dev app.

The qual. started with 84% grip and the track gained 1% grip every time 10 cars crossed the start-finish line. So it needed 160 (combined) laps to get back to 100% grip. That happened at the 2/3rds of the qualifying.
:confused:
So this is the formula? 1% for every 10 s/f line crosses? I was expecting it to reach optimum in first half of the race. Anyway, hope to see someones video of the race. Please? Slipstream overtaking perhaps?

:confused:
So this is the formula? 1% for every 10 s/f line crosses? I was expecting it to reach optimum in first half of the race. Anyway, hope to see someones video of the race. Please? Slipstream overtaking perhaps?
The formula is changeable of course! I tried to put some randomness in, just for the fun of it!

I have recorded some pretty good fights (including slipstreaming and side by side action) with @Stelios Fevgatos. I'll upload the vid asap :)

@Akis Kevrekidis How were you telling how close to optimum the track was?

The race was fun, It had been several weeks since I drove the Esseesse (the last time I did was an EU race at donnington). I did well at the beginning, but started to get some bad oversteer when the car got lighter that goofed me up too much. I need to go back and look at the replay file (yay for being able to see the whole race now in replay!). I had a couple of good battles early on and the slipstream added some excitment on those nice long straights.

Thanks @Akis Kevrekidis for organising, it was great fun and quite a challenge with the dust.

I never really had the pace and I didn't manage to avoid starting last (14th). However, despite I was hit in the first lap* and I ended up in the grass, I didn't make any major mistake and I managed to start overtaking people who crashed around, ran out of fuel or got a 5 sec penalty. I think I only did one proper race overtake in the first lap and another one mid race and still managed to finish 6th, showing how important is to be consistent despite not having the pace.

* Here just a gentle reminder one of the club race rules: "If you hit another driver during a Club race and disadvantage them, we expect you to stop and let the other driver regain their position on you. This shows respect to your fellow drivers and will encourage drivers to be more careful."

It was a fun RACE for sure, me and Akis duking it out for 10-12 laps or so.
Sadly, he was smoother / faster than me and i couldnt hold him back in the end !
Seeing the youtube video this looked way more fun than it felt while racing / losing :p

Also, if this race was done with the previous netcode i think we would have collided more than once !
Fun stuff !

* Here just a gentle reminder one of the club race rules: "If you hit another driver during a Club race and disadvantage them, we expect you to stop and let the other driver regain their position on you. This shows respect to your fellow drivers and will encourage drivers to be more careful."

I agree with that.It doesnt matter that we racing for fun,some things have to be right.At first we are racing to have fun and as second to get a good finish place.If we hit someone and we know that is our fault its not a big deal to give the place back to the one he lost it.
Many times also someone cant realise that he made a mistake,its normal also,we dont have to blame anyone,its race for fun as we know.
Great race btw,i enjoy these races with street cars.

Thanks, nice one. BTW, how do i get access to jet fueled S1 that holds the line in every corner? Yours is just awesome :speechless:
Hehe thanks. I was racing with the extra sticky tires hack :p
On a serious note, if you're willing to spend some hours on the same car & track, eventually you'll become faster! Especially if you use a live timing app like Rivali Delta. You'll instantly know where you're losing time!

Hehe thanks. I was racing with the extra sticky tires hack :p
On a serious note, if you're willing to spend some hours on the same car & track, eventually you'll become faster! Especially if you use a live timing app like Rivali Delta. You'll instantly know where you're losing time!
Yea yea and life (events) passes by. There must be some other way (rocket fuel, teleporting, ....). These events should be split between advanced and basic contenders, even tho one only learns from the best. But if one is stuck in the back of the field too often, there's no progress from driving alone.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back