Fiat Abarth 131 Sprint/Feature @ Nurburgring - Tue 23rd March 2010

Carlos Diaz

Happily driving a "girly" car
flyertc65.jpg

abarth131.jpg

Servername: RACEDEPT.COM TC65
Class: Fiat Abarth 131
Track: Nurburgring Mullenbach (sprint) / Nurburgring Sprint (feature)
Start Time: 20.00 GMT
Practice: 20 min
Qualification: 10 min (1 timed lap only)
Race: 2 x 15 laps
Note1: Click here to read the password and golden rules!
Note2: If you already have this car, then make sure you select to overwrite the files when installing, as there are extra skins included in this package along with an update to version 1.1 of the mod.

I just had a go around Mullenbach for the first time. What a great track! I've always found Nurby a little tiring, especially the looong corners after the first hairpin, but this one was a hoot:D

I ended up in the pit numerous times too:D and I immediately felt like I was on a rallycross track where I just did the Joker Lap:D The Abarth is such a great car here, jumping, sliding, trailbraking and being quite forgiving. Looking forward to the races tonight

Yes, I forgot to mention that if you miss that tight, right, slightly uphill turn, you end up in the pits. So make sure that if you have never driven this track before, you follow the A.I. on it for a little while.:cool:

I wonder how many of us are going to mistakenly enter the pits today:biggrin:.

Fantastic racing - that was a brilliant little car Carlos, well selected.

I'd like to kick off this post-match report with a little personal news - when I was in New York at the weekend I proposed to my girlfriend Emily. We've been together three and a half years so it was about time I asked really, she said yes which was great, obviously, and she doesn't mind that I spend two nights a week in front of the PC, jackpot!

Anyway, what a fantastic pair of races tonight. I'm a real fan of the Mullenbach variation at the ring , so simple and great fun in the 65's. I have a race long duel with Warren where I managed to squeeze past him during a bit of confusion lapping Jack. Felt a bit guilty just stealing the place away but that racing i guess lol.

Race two, I started last and had a great start. Made up a stack of places on lap one and found myself behind Bob - where I stayed all race long. I closed the gap a littel but once Bob was in the zone I couldn't keep up. I made up another place when Amir pulled off an astounding high jump by hitting Martin's ghost and then I just thrashed the nads of the car to try and catch Bob - but no such luck.

WD to the winners and thanks again to Carlos for arranging!!

Laters!

Firstly, grts Tom on your engagement and so lucky to have found someone who lets u race, well at the moment away.

Race report:
race 1 was going good until I tried to make a move on Tom at the hairpin at the bottom of the hill and lost the backend. As this was a 1 make series there was no coming back from that but I did make a few places as a couple of drivers crashed out.

race 2 was a lot better although T1 was a bit scary for a time but I managed to come out 4th I think. As the race progressed I found myself in second after seeing Carlos and Amir buried in the armcove at the last turn and as Tom put it , got my head down and got a gap on him and crossed the line.

Thanks Carlos, great mod and loved driving it, tracks weren't bad although I don't like the mullenback that much. I would like to see if the mod makers can ajust the gearing a bit to make this mod perfect.

WD Carlos for race 1 win and WD Martin for race 2 win. Grts to all podium finishers and thanks to all that showed tonight to make this a brilliant event. Now Carlos, what are you cooking up for us next time, oh yea it's the beasts at spa, bring it on.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 355 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 249 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 178 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.3%