Resource icon

Cars FIAT 805 405 (1923) 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
Another great mod. The graphics are superb on this one, even more superber than the previous ones.

I find the sound gives no clues as to when to change gear and have to rely on the rev counter. Maybe that's how s it was, I don't know.

Sorry for the silence missed these new posts somehow.

I did mean to take up Fanapryde's idea and use an icon, got no idea how it's done though, if anyone wants to ELI5 that'd be handy. I could add something like '(1923)' to each car name if that makes them easier to find.

Will update the FIAT in a while, I'm getting heavily into the Delage atm. Long way to go yet and I'm already on 240k tris :unsure:.

Delage_2LCV_30012001.jpg

Another great mod. The graphics are superb on this one, even more superber than the previous ones.

I find the sound gives no clues as to when to change gear and have to rely on the rev counter. Maybe that's how s it was, I don't know.

Sound is always my biggest frustration because it adds so much to the sense of immersion but with these cars there's rarely any reference to guide you as to how it should sound, plus it's never easy to get good loopable samples. I just try to get something that doesn't sound too out of place or too crap. The pitch and volume should rise as the revs rise to let you know what's happening but maybe it needs to stand out more?

If you fancy another origin icon than the 'cuppatea' I made, just let me know. I'll change it. Not the kids face though, that's doesn't show up nice/recognizable enough.

No, the cup is great - as long as it's a nice cuppa tea, none of that decaffeinated rubbish ;) I still don't know how I include it with my mods though, probably missing something obvious but I couldn't see how it's done from looking at other mods.

No, the cup is great - as long as it's a nice cuppa tea, none of that decaffeinated rubbish ;) I still don't know how I include it with my mods though, probably missing something obvious but I couldn't see how it's done from looking at other mods.
It's automatically included when using my 'origin icons' here:
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/origin-icons.28078/
That is, as long as Nicecuppatea is mentioned as author in the UI, which is the case. ;)

@Nicecuppatea might be the stupidest suggestion but, I was playing Rise of Flight today, and while I was enjoying the engine sound of the Albatros D.III I was piloting, I thought: why not use sample sounds from plane engines of WWI for yours vintage Grand Prix cars? Plenty of good recordings from those, and they should not be that far off in term of RPM, displacement and configuration (at least for the in-line models, not the rotatives). Sorry if this is stupid :laugh:

@Nicecuppatea might be the stupidest suggestion but, I was playing Rise of Flight today, and while I was enjoying the engine sound of the Albatros D.III I was piloting, I thought: why not use sample sounds from plane engines of WWI for yours vintage Grand Prix cars? Plenty of good recordings from those, and they should not be that far off in term of RPM, displacement and configuration (at least for the in-line models, not the rotatives). Sorry if this is stupid :laugh:

Not stupid at all, they are fairly similar sounding. There seems to be a bit of a technological change after WW1 from low revving engines with huge bucket-like cylinders to higher revving engines with smaller cylinders but you can do a lot in Audacity (probably more than I know) to change tempo and pitch.

The biggest difficulty for me is finding good samples that loop smoothly, so many vintage vids on YouTube where they rev the engine, or drown it out with wind noise, or (my new pet hate) play music over the top :mad: :laugh:

Hey i was just querying something, Is it possible going forwards to add adjustable spring stiffness and physical and visual camber adjustments? as i know this kinda spring set up was adjustable in the most basic of terms.
__custom_showroom_1611336739.jpg

Hey i was just querying something, Is it possible going forwards to add adjustable spring stiffness and physical and visual camber adjustments? as i know this kinda spring set up was adjustable in the most basic of terms.
View attachment 442208
Definitely need a few more polys on those dampers :) Springs and camber were pretty much fixed as far as I know, if you unpack the data you can adjust them there but I don't think they would have been adjustable on the fly. The visuals should follow the data automatically.

__custom_showroom_1612437262.jpg

You might find parts clipping through other parts if you go this extreme. The dampers were adjustable as you say so I'll add that in, got no idea what sort of range it should cover but I'll have a dabble and see what happens.

Sorry for the silence missed these new posts somehow.

I did mean to take up Fanapryde's idea and use an icon, got no idea how it's done though, if anyone wants to ELI5 that'd be handy. I could add something like '(1923)' to each car name if that makes them easier to find.

Will update the FIAT in a while, I'm getting heavily into the Delage atm. Long way to go yet and I'm already on 240k tris :unsure:.

View attachment 440820
Is there any chance of making that car's current form too as the Bequet Special with the 11.7 liter Hispano-Suiza V8? No request, just a suggestion.

Is there any chance of making that car's current form too as the Bequet Special with the 11.7 liter Hispano-Suiza V8? No request, just a suggestion.

It's something I'd love to do, I'm using a lot of the Bequet photos as a general guide (noticing a lot of small differences along the way too). Too many cars and not enough time is always the problem.

Even found some video of the Bequet:

i just tried it and my god this is the king of monza with the supercharger lol this is great i would love to see you do the "beast of turin" the 1911 fiat s76 and maybe some other cars from the1911 session but other than that thank you for all that you have done to bring our community of pre war cars into the spot light :)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 84 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 166 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 316 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 447 39.2%