Fiat 131 & Mini 1310 @ Oulton Park - Tues Dec 7th 2010

Carlos Diaz

Happily driving a "girly" car
flyermix.jpg

Servername: RD GTL RACING CLUB
Class: Mixed
Vehicles:
Race1: Mini Cooper 1310 (download)
Race2: Fiat Abarth 131 (download) New gearing for 131 (Download)
Track: Oulton Park
Start Time: 20.00 GMT
Practice: 20 mins
Qualification: 10 mins - (ONE TIMED LAP)
Race: 16 laps
Note1: Click here to read the password and golden rules!
Note2: This is a NON Rankings Point event.
Note3: Default skins that are included with the mods.

Setups:

Attachments

• CDAbarth131.svm
    2.4 KB · Views: 286
  • cd1310.svm
    2.4 KB · Views: 269
Always enjoy a bit of GTL when I can.

Gained pole with a nice safe lap in the Mini.

First half of the race went great, I pulled away to a 15 second lead with some clean consistent laps. Grabbed a kerb at Old Hall, which put me on two wheels and dropped 3 seconds. The very same lap the screen froze twice at the hairpin costing me another 10,a nd I managed to grab the oustide kerb this time at Old hall next time round, putting me back in 3rd. I had much more pace than the guys in front so it was just a matter of time if I didn't bin it before I got back ahead. Seemed to lose my rhythm completely after the incidents however and was fast but ragged. Eventually got past Nige with a lap to go for the win.

Quali on pole with the FIAT again.

Got a decent start, changed into second a little early maybe, but held the lead. Unfortunately I brushed the kerb on exit of T1 which dragged me in and slowed me up. I tried to move out of the way of Nigel coming past on my right, before noticing another car following him through and moved across to the left without realising how close the person on the left was and around I went, smashed car, end of the pack. Passed guys easily up until 7th place, with the gap to the guys ahead I wuld have to drive crazily to catch up. I thought why not try it, but of course it went the other way, as my damaged car didn't like the abuse I was giving it. Eventually culminated in a couple of spins and two stop n go's, one for missing the chicane and the other for speeding while serving it. Came home last.

Always fun at Oulton, even if the kerbs were a bit silly. Thanks Carlos.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back