Fiat 131 & Mini 1310 @ Donington National - Tues Nov 30th 2010

Carlos Diaz

Happily driving a "girly" car
flyermix.jpg

Servername: RD GTL RACING CLUB
Class: Mixed
Vehicles:
Race1: Mini Cooper 1310 (download)
Race2: Fiat Abarth 131 (download) New gearing for 131 (Download)
Track: Donington Nationa (Default)
Start Time: 20.00 GMT
Practice: 20 mins
Qualification: 10 mins - (ONE TIMED LAP)
Race: 18 laps
Note1: Click here to read the password and golden rules!
Note2: This is a NON Rankings Point event.
Note3: Default skins that are included with the mods.

Setups:

Attachments

• CDAbarth131.svm
    2.4 KB · Views: 273
  • cd1310.svm
    2.4 KB · Views: 284
To the gents that are racing with us for the first time...

Please remember that GTL Club events are not ranked, so it's more about the fun and less about what position you finish in. We are still competitive, just less aggressive.

Also, please take note that during qualification we are allowed one timed lap. This means you get an outlap (untimed), your timed lap, and then an inlap where you are supposed to pit or you can just hit escape right after completing your timed lap and go back to the garage.

I hope you guys enjoy racing with us and come back for more.

Guys I hope you don't mind that I didn't stay for race 2. I was hardly able to hold the car on track at the end of race 1, too tired for racing! Senad, I'm sorry, that was actually my mistake, that's why I didn't understand why you slowed down for me! I went off the track and spun, that was an unavoidable contact I think, and I caused it.

Thx for racing everyone! I like the Fiat better but I'm really tired, I go sleeping now especially that I have to wake up early tomorrow!

Race 1. Fought with Ariel for a few laps but he was a bit faster in the corners and he eventually passed me. Sorry for the couple of squeeze events Ariel but I'm still a work in progress. Thanks for waiting after my tumble. Ariel left the game mid race but I don't know why. Couldn't hold Hans off either and he later went by me and soon I began to be lapped. I assume my tumble which chewed up time was part of the reason for the lappings but I wasn't very fast either.

Race 2. Well I ended up in fifth for a while due to others misfortunes and fell to sixth for the remainder of the race. While in fifth place I could see Nigel closing and I said to myself stay calm and drive a good racing line but my body was not willing and I make several errors. As he passed I knew, using XD, that I had a big time gap on Senad and Hans so I focused on driving line, slowing abit and tried to hold the boys off. I could see Senad making a valiant charge but he ran out of laps as I had paced myself successfully. In a longer race he would have got me.

I enjoyed these cars Carlos, thank very much, well done to the top finishers and cheers to all racers.

Had fun, as usual, cheers to the GTL staff :trophy:

Hans, me, and Ariel going off there. Not sure what happened.

gtl2010120115385489.jpg

Hans made a mistake I guess, my exit from the previous corner was way faster, so I was able to pass easily. That was almost racelike, was proud :D

gtl2010120115392226.jpg

Later in the race, was catching up to Peter quite fast, he had problems as well. Was right behind him, he spun, and I hit him :sorry:

gtl2010120115412581.jpg

Here's Bob, ruining the paint on yet another car of mine :tongue:
That was at the end of the race.

gtl2010120115441546.jpg

Contact between Szabolcs and Nigel, I think you should've waited there mate :confused:

gtl2010120115463757.jpg

Jack, followed by myself, and the recovering Szabolcs

gtl2010120115485227.jpg

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back