FIA WTCC to race Nürburgring Nordschleife in 2015

Robert vd Heide

Piloting RC Helicopters and sim Racecars
The FIA World Touring Car Championship will race at the Nürburgring Nordschleife in 2015, opening the programme of the 24 Hour Race.

It was announced today during the pre-race press conference of the 24 Hours of the Nordschleife.

The event will mark the beginning of a three-year deal between WTCC promoter Eurosport Events and 24h-race organiser ADAC Nordrhein, and also the return of an FIA World Championship event to the terrific Grünhole, thirty-two year after the 1983 ADAC 1000Km, third round of the World Sportscar Championship.

Thanks to this deal, Eurosport Events will bring WTCC back to Germany in style, after a three-year break. The WTCC Race of Germany was previously hosted by Motorsport Arena Oschersleben from 2005 to 2011.

The WTCC usual event format – made of two 60km races – will be revised for the special occasion of running on the 25.378-kilometre combination of the Nürburgring’s GP circuit and the legendary Nordschleife.

Source: FIA WTCC

db96dbb76c84a7537e769fcccf0f427599586bc47f7fbee811a92a67927241f4.jpg

Read about it on Tuesday and really was surprised.
Wow, that's gonna be about 2 laps for each race!
I believe there will be a single race only. Twice as long maybe.
Interesting for the future could be, that maybe Eurosport will start broadcasting the whole race weekend, so 24h Nordschleife will be available fore more of you. If you're not that lucky like me to live in Germany.

This should be Loeb's race, as the Nordschleife is quite close to a tarmac rally stage if you think about it. I've always thought 1 lap should be a stage in Rally Deutschland.

This should be Loeb's race, as the Nordschleife is quite close to a tarmac rally stage if you think about it. I've always thought 1 lap should be a stage in Rally Deutschland.
He is probably the guy with the least amount of laps on this track.

More the domain of Coronel and Huffy.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 142 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 267 27.3%
  • 100% offline racing