FIA unveils largest ever F1 calendar

Generic.png

The FIA have revealed the biggest ever F1 calendar with 21 races being laid out for the 2016 F1 season.

In addition to those currently on Formula One's schedule Germany and Russia are set to make a return to the calendar. Meanwhile Malaysia is set for a much later date in September with China taking its place as the second race of the season.

Finally, the British Grand Prix is set to switch places with Austria as Silverstone lines up as the heading of the second stint of European races following the Canadian Grand Prix, whilst Abu Dhabi again lines up as the season finale.

Provisional 2016 F1 Calendar

Round 1 - Australia - April 3
Round 2 - China - April 10
Round 3 - Bahrain - April 24
Round 4 - Sochi - May 1
Round 5 - Spain - May 15
Round 6 - Monaco - May 29
Round 7 - Canada - June 12
Round 8 - UK - June 26
Round 9 - Austria - July 3
Round 10 - Baku - July 17
Round 11 - Germany - July 31
Round 12 - Hungary - August 7
Round 13 - Belgium - August 28
Round 14 - Italy - September 4
Round 15 - Singapore - September 18
Round 16 - Malaysia - September 25
Round 17 - Japan - October 9
Round 18 - USA - October 23
Round 19 - Mexico - October 30
Round 20 - Brazil - November 13
Round 21 - Abu Dhabi - November 27

It says USA, so it could be ;)

Also, where the hell is Baku? I always thought Baku was painting on cloth with wax...
Baku?
"Azerbaijan has held several elections since regaining its independence and it has many of the formal institutions of democracy, it remains classified as "not free" (on border with "partly free"). Azerbaijan has been harshly criticized for bribing foreign officials and diplomats for promoting its causes abroad and legitimizing its elections at home, a practice which has been termed as 'caviar diplomacy'."
--Wiki

Ahhhh...that explains why it's on the calendar. Governments can raise money at the end of a gun.

Heh, Indian GP was supposed to return in 2015 but it still didn't for 2016. So proud of my greed filled country... the government declared in all their eternal wisdom that "F1 is not a sport but it is entertainment" so they wanted to shower themselves with huge tax money from FIA. Seems that plan came round to bite them in the arse. :D

There is only one reason F1 is going to places like Russia, Abu Dhabi, Bahrain and Baku and it comes in brown envelopes, the list of dodgy Countries seems grow every year as I'm sure do certain peoples bank balances, I have no doubt F1 is right up there with FIFA when it comes to Corruption.

FIA has to really make sure that they are going after the 21-race schedule for the next season. Or else, we'll see another occurrence of some races out of the calendar therefore reducing it again to 20 or even 19.

Maybe they should think about doing it more like that:
calednar_01qyuxa.png

Certainly this could save them a lot of money...

If they raced back-to-back on AUS/ASIA and in america yes, but if you put breaks in between it does not really change anything because they anyway return back to base.

(And singapore at night that early in the year would be almost guaranteed red flag for monsoon)

Ypu could introduce "back to base" breaks between Aisa/America and America/Europe though. So you still keep the tracks together.

And regarding Monsoon... well you could do this thing the other way around, idc :D

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 321 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 221 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 214 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 165 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 281 13.5%