FIA to launch probe on '08 Singapore GP

The FIA is to launch an investigation into the events at last year's Singapore Grand Prix, where Renault's Fernando Alonso claimed victory on the back of a crash by his team-mate Nelson Piquet.

Alonso's success was sealed by the timing of a safety car in the early stages of the inaugural event - which had been called out when Piquet crashed into the wall shortly after his team-mate stopped for fuel.

The timing of Piquet's crash prompted wild conspiracy theories that the Brazilian had been ordered to deliberately spin to help Renault take its first victory of the year. Piquet himself insisted at the time that the accident had been caused by him simply trying too hard.
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/78195

Ok, so if Alonso is DQ'd then Hamilton to be promoted to second (making him champion no matter what conspiricy you bring up) and Rosberg get's his first win, all happy :)

Whilst we're at it can we DQ Schumacher for Belgium 95 and DQ him for the '94 championship as well. We can also find Hamilton innocent at Belgium '08 and stone Schumacher to death for Monaco '06

Be careful what you wish for else we review McLaren and Hamilton's transgression's over the last few seasons who have done more to bring shame on the sport that any team in recent years. Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

hmmm... interesting... wonder if piquet's said something after losing his seat? i hope not. wish people would leave this alone. would a driver really want to risk injury for a team mate?

I don't think Alonso played any part in the alleged actions in Singapore but I really wouldn't put it past Briatore. I would like to think this is all just a bit of hot air conspiracy but in recent years with spygate, blackmail attempts, lying to stewards etc I can't be so sure. It does make you wonder if Piquet is behind this and if he is I hope he can back it up else who would want to hire a driver who has been so critical to the point of defamation when talking about Briatore when he was sacked and now possibly making allegations like this.

Thats just silly. :monkey:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDwZ-CUyFW4[/ame]

look on 2min 8secs

No way that he did this on purpose... Maybe he says it now because they kicked him but that was just a driving mistake

But hey, if you do a silly mistake just say it was on purpose LOOOL :rotfl:

Best way is to ask Nelsinho, as he has the habit of spitting in the hand that fed anyway :)

If he did that on purpose he will admit it instantly now he is kicked out of the team :D

maybe Damon Hill can be the 1994 champion after all... :p

Huhuh :) Jos Verstappen crashed that entire season on purpose as well to help Michael S to become world champion

Not so hard to think it might be true though.

Be careful what you wish for else we review McLaren and Hamilton's transgression's over the last few seasons who have done more to bring shame on the sport that any team in recent years. Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

They got punished for it so no need to worry there and there not the only team who done bad stuff either so your little bash, was no need for it :)

Not so hard to think it might be true though.

They got punished for it so no need to worry there and there not the only team who done bad stuff either so your little bash, was no need for it :)

Ahh so its ok to wish stoning upon Schumacher and to revisit past races that don't involve McLaren, nice hypocrisy Damian. My point which obviously went soaring over your head was that every team has had their incidents, appeals etc.

Raikkonen overtakes 3 cars using a tarmac runnof at Spa 2 days ago. Result: No investigation.

Instead, FIA decides to open an investigation on Piquet´s crash against a wall in Singapur 08 :D

FIA is covering this sport of glory... :D Cmon!

• Andrew Evans

^^^ 10 points for reading the initial post...

... why do f1 threads almost immediately descend into petty point scoring yawnfests?

:tits:

• Matthew Trivett

The FIA has a record of all radio transmissions. All they have to do is look into that.

• Matthew Trivett

Raikkonen overtakes 3 cars using a tarmac runnof at Spa 2 days ago. Result: No investigation.

Instead, FIA decides to open an investigation on Piquet´s crash against a wall in Singapur 08 :D

FIA is covering this sport of glory... :D Cmon!

FIA = Ferrari International Assistance.

I noticed that as well, and didn't think it was very fair.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 107 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 140 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 201 14.8%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 382 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 520 38.4%