The fuss over this 50 kph love tap?
Compared to whats gone on in the past?
http://en.espnf1.com/f1/motorsport/story/63645.html

Hate vettel all u want but anyone who thinks he should be dragged over the coals for this is delusional.
In my eyes a heat of the moment reaction is far more noble than say lying to officials that someone overtook you behind the safety car...
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/mo...on-tarnished-after-Melbourne-controversy.html
Between the lying, cheating, sulking and dirty games this guy and his fans want to take the "what about the children" high road?
Sorry some of us have long memories.

Jesus, did Vettel mass murder people or something because the hyperbole in this thread and the other is astounding!!

At MOST the FIA should make Vettel do a grovelling apology and then behind doors give him a slap for being a whiney childish twat.

Bbbbbbut hes german!
Off to the hague with him!

... a heat of the moment reaction is far more noble than say lying to officials that someone overtook you behind the safety car...

Now he's noble for his actions :rolleyes:. We see what you did there.

Agreed though - Hamilton, Ryan, Whitmarsh, and McLaren were idiots to have tried what they did in Oz '09.

But please, other people's failings don't excuse those of Vettel.

Now he's noble for his actions :rolleyes:. We see what you did there.

Agreed though - Hamilton, Ryan, Whitmarsh, and McLaren were idiots to have tried what they did in Oz '09.

But please, other people's failings don't excuse those of Vettel.

LOL nice try.
Now for fun put it in context "far MORE noble".
As in its far more noble to kill in self defence than just plain murder. Neither is great tho.
Context is fun.

Other peoples failings don't excuse Vettel but the punishment they received for those failings set a precedent. This minor contact will barely register in F1 history but Hamilton fans want his head?
Worst action in history? Senna had Prost off at high dangerous speed on purpose and Hamilton hero worships the guy? Logic obviously isn't his strong point as proven by the 'he finished ahead of me therefore he was unpunished' idiocy.
Reason is fun.

Last edited:
Context may be fun, but 'far more noble' is not the same as 'less reprehensible'. There was nothing noble about Vettel's actions on Sunday, so they cannot be far more noble, or even slightly more noble. Definitions are also fun.

Hamilton was DQ'ed from the race you reference. Senna didn't crash into Prost because he was enraged at Prost - he argued that the grid was laid out wrong and that he, the pole sitter, was going to be the first one into T1 no matter what (he was a man of his word). Vettel admires Schuey - one of the dirtiest high-profile racers in the sport. And all of this is as meandering and meaningless as what you have written.

Pointless arguments on the internet may be fun. Attempted patronizing condescension is less so.

Context may be fun, but 'far more noble' is not the same as 'less reprehensible'. There was nothing noble about Vettel's actions on Sunday, so they cannot be far more noble, or even slightly more noble. Definitions are also fun.

Hamilton was DQ'ed from the race you reference. Senna didn't crash into Prost because he was enraged at Prost - he argued that the grid was laid out wrong and that he, the pole sitter, was going to be the first one into T1 no matter what (he was a man of his word). Vettel admires Schuey - one of the dirtiest high-profile racers in the sport. And all of this is as meandering and meaningless as what you have written.

Pointless arguments on the internet may be fun. Attempted patronizing condescension is less so.

Actually your wrong. You can say -20 deg is far warmer than -100 deg even though neither is defined as warm.

Yes ham was DQ'ed for a far less nobel act. So let him be DQ for that and Seb got a drive through for this? Whats the problem? Lots of Ham fans and Brits all upset he wasn't hung drawn and quartered?

Sennas move was far dirtier as it was premeditated. Go to a court of law you will be in more trouble for planning something bad than doing it spur of the moment in a rage. Fact. A man of his word LOL whos trying to make dirty nobel now? hahaha

Thats your point of view. Ham worships who Senna was by far dirtier than Schumacher. Just he was a 'passionate' Brazilian while Shumi a 'dirty' Kraut according to the 'unbiased' British media and those who have donned rose tinted glasses since his unfortunate death.

Either way you seem to have the false idea I'm a Vettel fan. I thought his move was wrong and stupid and said on the spot he just shat in his own boots with that move. As it played out he cost himself a win for taking Hamiltons bait. Saying Ham was not playing games and that the stop go wasn't enough punishment is a complete farce.

Hamilton has more dirt on his hands than any other current driver, I just thought some of you of the 'outraged' might need a reminder and some perspective. Perspective and the past aren't meandering or meaningless to me but I guess you're a Hamilton supporter so you don't wan't to keep things in perspective?

As for patronizing condescension when you take someones words to mean the complete opposite of what they said in context and you can get that from time to time.

Shamelessly stolen from FB...
19511474_10155250055461970_3880273514119650318_n.jpg

As for patronizing condescension when you take someones words to mean the complete opposite of what they said in context and you can get that from time to time.

Well, I did not take your words out of context and was actually originally posting with well intended humour.

But since you've devolved into semantic drivel laced with nationalistic hyperbolic vitriol, I regret engaging at all. My mistake. Carry on.

I hate both Vettel and Hamilton but Vettel thinks he is good when in fact he truly isn't. He was champion only because of a dominant Red Bull but Hamilton was champion before these Redbul-Mercedes bullshit era. So Vettel is a spoiled brat that doesnt deserve any credit in my opinion

Don't know how true this is but...
DD0anIEUwAEsyn1.jpg:large

Just be warned this could be a Hoax statement... I doubt the FIA will have come to a decision this quickly... But a warning for you all out there if you do see it, Don't believe it until there is more evidence...

Several British tabloid newspapers throw up "Vettel Disqualified!" headlines with a Google search, but the pages have been removed, so I smell spoof :rolleyes:

Several British tabloid newspapers throw up "Vettel Disqualified!" headlines with a Google search, but the pages have been removed, so I smell spoof :rolleyes:
Yeah "The Sun" (Sh!t rag) posted an article earlier, and tweeted about it... It has also been removed... Still doesn't stop a few Lewis Hamilton "fan" club accounts from re-posting... Although i don't doubt had the roles been reversed we would see the same from the Vettel fan clubs... Its just a shame people take it so seriously its almost as if they are following a cult... I also feels this is what causes a lot of rift between the community, You would have to look pretty far into racing to find another awful community similar to the one F1 has amassed over the recent years. Moto GP I've seen some bad stuff from but I don't follow that much nowadays so I would not be able to comment fully on that...

WEC, Indycar, DTM, BTCC and BSB to name but a few all have their followers, But they behave much better than most of the F1 "community" that plagues social media. Its almost becoming as volatile as Football Twitter. And that is not a good thing.

Last edited:
I still don`t know why the whole panic by the stewards for a little "impact" is good for...
They seem to forget the good old times of Senna/Prost, Arnoux vs. Villeneuve(one of the finest races to watch ever) or F1 drivers like Brambilla... he got his nickname "The Gorilla" what for?:whistling:

Or the wonderful DRM, where "contact" was quite part of the game...

I think it was the reason for the collision (anger / revenge) rather than the severity of the impact.

"Professional" drivers really shouldn't lose control, either of their car or themselves.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back