As a sim racer we've all seen some aggressive racers....unnecessary aggressive contact on the straight? but sometimes people say sorry even though your still pissed off an apology makes a difference.

Why is it so hard to admit what he done and apologise ...can Vett fans please explain?

Or do we have to take him to the police station and put the video replay on repeat till he admits he pulled up side by side and had contact with another driver.

Arrogance .....is an issue, dont think the FIA like that
257408.jpg

A verdict has been already reached. End of discussion. You can be in agree or not but if they were not sure about the penalty the should had to wait the end of the race and tell what they decided before the podium, in my humble opinion.

This is the death of motorsport, not only F1.
When a sport become politics, it's time to look somewhere else.

Written by a hater of F1 management politics. JK, I hate everything about F1 since 2009. Not more a fan.
F1 has always been political, the only difference now is it gets a lot more media coverage because the racing is so dull in comparison they have nothing else to report.

I'm a Ferrari Italian fan, but Vettel has no justification! It has been badly hurt and has been well-sanctioned. However, further sanctions have no meaning, since even then Hamilton's excessive braking after the curve could and should be considered "dangerous action" as well as Vettel's misconduct

I'm sorry, but more should have been done at the time and I think this is the perfect opportunity to get it right. What he did was ridiculous and dangerous, and a ten second penalty is not nearly enough for that kind of behaviour. That's not to mention the fact that he also finished in front of the driver he deliberately rammed, and those 'penalty points' will mean nothing unless he does something else, and even less when the 12 month period expires in a few weeks. It's just not enough.

I may be British but I don't actually like Hamilton and could care less if he wins or loses the championship. My view is based entirely on the fact that what Vettel did was ludicrous and an example needs to be made of him.
Hey Ross, the 12 month period does not expire in a few weeks as it remains active for any given 12 month period. I do however agree with the remainder of your comments...

You're in dire need of a reality check. Your idol is the one with the most points deducted from his licence. Must be a conspiracy, not his doing.

Oh, and you seem to be emulating his "everyone wrong, me right" behavior quite well. ;)
Well thank you for your opinion. And would you care to explain exactly which part of reality I have gotten wrong? All I can see is you going on about something that is beside the point here, and a somewhat personal attack on me. That all you got? LoL.

Vettel should not deserve getting more points than Hamilton. Vettel's move gained him 2 points to his closest rival. At least set Vettel 2 positions back. Still think it was possible Vettel forgot a bit how wide the backside of the cars nowadays are.

Vettel should not deserve getting more points than Hamilton. Vettel's move gained him 2 points to his closest rival. At least set Vettel 2 positions back. Still think it was possible Vettel forgot a bit how wide the backside of the cars nowadays are.
The Mercedes' headrest not being put back in properly or the part failing cost Lewis the win... Not Vettel.

FalconX: your stopping or not stopping anywhere should be your personal decision, independent from external factors. Parrot impersonation not needed. Try to act human. And do get out more, both literally and figuratively. ;)

Last edited:
Jesus, did Vettel mass murder people or something because the hyperbole in this thread and the other is astounding!!

At MOST the FIA should make Vettel do a grovelling apology and then behind doors give him a slap for being a whiney childish twat.

Last edited:
I don't know why so many people are so sure it was deliberate, it doesn't feel deliberate for me.

He's hangry, holds the wheel with one hand, looks right, and what do they say in driving schools ? Look where you want to go, if you look the wall, you'll go into it, if you look Hamilton...
And moreover, the hit is strong and with a very dangerous angle for Vettel's suspension, so I doubt he would do deliberately a move with sush chances to break his car, he would have at least put less angle at the time of impact, and probably with both hands on the wheel to take care of that.

Of course it can be deliberate, and I don't know if he told if it was or not after the race, but when I look the video, there is clearly more chances it's not deliberate. But nowadays, everybody overreact without taking a step back.

FalconX: your stopping or not stopping anywhere should be your personal decision, independent from external factors. Parrot impersonation not needed. Try to act human. And do get out more, both literally and figuratively. ;)
And I thought your eloquent last comment was all you had for me. Seems you are another one of those who have to have the last word, however superflous it may be. "Try to act human." - Screw you, too. Now stick to your words and stop your nonsense, or contribute something substantial, thank you.

I've always been a Ferrari fan, in good and bad times, and as a consequence, a fan of whoever drives it. Vettel I'm a fan of because of his talent, but his childish behaviour I'm not. His numerous radio outbursts, his mood swings and now this, its the actions of a spoilt little brat. The contact itself wasnt dangerous (it happened at something like 2 mph, so piss off Hamilton), but its the mere fact that he did it and dont want to admit it that tells me he needs to feel the consequences of his actions. Just because you're a 4x champion dosent mean you should escape punishment of what should have been a black flag.

People remember this:

"On June 5, 2011, Mücke was involved in incident with Richard Westbrook during FIA GT1 World Championship race at Silverstone. First, Westbrook hit Mücke who spun as a result, while Westbrook damaged his own car. Mücke continued and clipped ahead of Westbrook who was driving down Hangar Straight. Both cars were wrecked as a result, and were out of the race. Mücke received 10-place grid penalty for the next race and he was also reported to DMSB to have his licence withdrawn."

Hamilton didn't brake check anyone, that's apparently been established via telemetry...
First of all you can not trust fia to read telemetry and come to any kind of conclusion. When piquet crashed fia did not find anything odd there either. And first fia claimed there was no difference in the two starts with hamilton's driving but it was soon noted that there was a difference. In the 2nd start hamilton slowed down more.

but he was (legally) manipulating the pace to maximise his advantage for the restart, while also making sure he didn't pass the SC prematurely and get himself a penalty...
Hamilton's first start was perfect. He got it just right. On the second start the team asked hamilton to leave more buffer so he won't accidentally pass the safety car before the line. All hamilton had to do was to start accelerating little later. But instead hamilton chose to slow down to even slower speed and did so in wrong place. It was clear breach of the rules which dictate how to drive behind safety (no sudden moves). Of course everybody wants to play some games in that position and both hamilton and vettel try to do it as much as they can and I think both have been penalties in the past for driving erratically behind the safety car.

As far as I could see and read, no-one else drove into anyone else through the safety car period. How serious was it? Probably not that much.
The third car was to far behind that he did not even need to brake when hamilton suddenly slowed down or when vettel drove into hamilton. Had the cars all been bunched up behind vettel it could have been massive chain reaction with half of he grid losing their front wings.

Vettel's attitude post-race though has undeniably been pretty shabby.
Generally it is always bad idea in f1 to admit your mistake. You don't ever gain anything from it. I'm sure there are now people in fia who are still wondering whether vettel actually did his thing in purpose. There are lots of people who need confession before they believe it was intentional. The same thing with the video I've added above. Despite being clear as day incident some of the judges only believe it when the driver says the words.

I think vettel should word his stuff a lot better. And he should have not done it. Of course we also need to remember that hindsight is 20/20. At the time when hamilton slowed down and vettel could not avoid him vettel did not know how badly damaged his front wing was. It could be almost nothing or it could be vettel needing to come pits asap. Or maybe the wing breaks when they go 350kmh little later and ends up with vettel going into the barriers upside down 300kmh+.

So in vettel's mind his race was ruined. So he wanted to take hamilton out too. Eye for and eye. In hindsight we all know vettel's car was in decent state. They did change the front wing but he could have probably finished the race with the wing he already had on the car.

In larger scheme of things I find it a bit odd how fia is willing to start yet another hearing. The dice has rolled I'd guess. The mücke incident and maldonado's incident with hamilton in spa give pretty clear indications of how these kinds of things are usually penalised. Vettel got 10s stop&go, mucke got 10 grid slot penalty and maldonado got 5 spots. Does f1 have a nascar rule which says something along the lines of "actions detrimental to stock car racing" kind of rule? I think they do. Would be kinda odd to give it now.

It doesnt matter who did what, its not safe and gentleman like to ram another car like that...

They are both at the highest level of the sport and doesnt give a good impression to retalitate like that infront of millions of viewers...

To be honest SV is like a little boy sometimes, doesnt get his own way then he acts like a retard, its like red mist comes over him... At least LH is more calmer then SV...

I think FIA will not tolerate such behavious at the highest level of the sport.

People remember this:

Not sure what you want to demonstrate with this video, but from my point of view two total different situation, if you really want to find a similitude it could probably be that both drivers involved are german. That obviously has no relevance at all.

I don't tend to favor any one driver over the others.
I like to see them all 'come home' safely on Sunday afternoons.
That said; Vettel was being a complete and utter idiot with that aggressive display.
The notion that he somehow did not do it intentionally is preposterous at best.
Do you really believe a guy who's migrated through karts, every formula and then to the pinnacle of motor racing is unable to drive a car in a straight line?
The darn evidence is there staring you in the face.
How much denial does it take?
It was a stupid act..on a circuit with one of the highest straight-line speeds..approaching 223 mph.
A broken suspension at those speeds caused by a fractured wishbone, would almost certainly be terminal for the driver.
I've spent a great deal of my early adult life racing. I'd never think of purposely running into another person on track.
That kind of behavior is simply not allowed....not even in karting.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back