FIA GT3 mod by PetraGCT - McLaren pitting issue

ajokay

Real-ish Racer
I was wondering if anyone else uses this mod. I imagine so as it contains the majority of the more modern GT3 spec cars.

Anyway. I'm using it for some online club races and am coming up against a problem. The McLaren MP4-12C GT3 has an issue pitting on some circuits. The circuits in question are 3rd party mod circuits, the Bathurst NFSS2U version and the Sepang circuit from Grand Prix 4.

The car enters the pit lane fine, reaches the pit box, stops, and then slowly slides to an angle 45 degrees to the pitlane, and then just stops. Can't do anything other than press escape and retire from the race at that point.

Whether this is due to the car, the track, or the car and track combination I don't know.

Maybe it's something to do with having the first or last garage of the pit lane. I can't test that on my own as every race it seemed to put me at either the first of or the last pit box.

With Bathurst I tested calling for a pit in, not calling for a pit in, speeding into the pit lane, and having the limiter on before reaching the line. Each time the pit stop failed.

I've tested this on a number of other circuits, both SimBin originals (Brands Indy), Simbin modded from GTR2 (Donington GP), and another 3rd party mods (Barber Motorsports Park) and it works fine on those.

Has anyone else had this problem, and if so is it solvable and how did you solve it?

Do you happen to be using AutoPit? As described in our pit stop guide, AutoPit is prone to errors, especially on modded tracks (and even more so in modded cars, I'd assume).
Maybe pitting manually will already solve the problem? If you're already pitting manually, ignore my post ;)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 276 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 186 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 188 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 138 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 245 13.5%