FIA Formula 2 2009

Omg :( We couldnt see the accident on the track today, but there was a really long Safety Car session. What a sad loss and Simon is so right about the flaws in the designs of that car...

:rip:

One of the worst things to be done is for a fader to bury his son...

John Surtees one of the last gentlemen drivers, a world champion in both 2 and 4 wheels had given one of his finest qualities to his soon, a gentlemen racer to be a rare quality in the days and age we live in.

It's not fair indeed, unlucky too and my condolences go to his family in this hour of grief. RIP Henry Surtees.

Oh i hope his family will endure this pain, R.I.P Henry :(:(

What a strange thing is death, may come in any moment. Who could think a flying wheel from another car will hit his head. :(

as i posted sad and tragic incident, truely shocked to see something like this happen in this day and age. we sometimes forget how dangerous this sport can be with massive run off areas etc...

people have mentioned teathers on wheels would be solution but i think we've seen some wheel ripped off in F1 this year so they are not full proof.

condolances to the family. a historic name in racing feeling the deep pain this sport can bring.

Motorsports should spend less money in super expensive and useless systems as kers, and improve all the security in circuits. A question of priority.

Indeed it is very sad.

RIP

Actually this shouldnt have happened if the wheels were secured! The more i look at the accident the more horrific it is that somebody has to loose his life because of a design flaw :(

The track is also very unsafe, they should have made a bigger run-off area in that corner! Too little space between the tarmac and the wall, despite it's a very fast corner!
Also I think that's another reason why touring cars are better than formula cars. They tether the tires in F1 but we can still see rolling tires sometimes. But that rolling tire can't hit your head if you have roof over it.

Poor guy he was so young!:(
Here are his father's words:
Henry had followed his heart from the time he first sat in a kart. He treated seriously the balance between motorsport and school, having just finished his A-Levels. The world beckoned and he was thriving on the freedom to concentrate on his motorsport. Despite bad luck in his motorsport, he had shown himself to be one with the possibilities of reaching the very top. Despite his young age he had shown maturity, technical understanding and speed. Most importantly he was a nice person and a loving son and brother. He will be deeply missed.
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/77099

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back