timthumb.php

Wonder if we'll see the full field, some of the smaller teams run some odd stuff

Not to mention how to get a license to companies/teams that doesn't exist anymore.
If the company or team does'nt exist anymore, you don't need a license. Point. And expensive license is often an excuse for developers and imo totaly BS. Some of you may know Model Factory Hiro from Japan. They produce 1:12 multimedia scale model kits, very cool and detailed. And expensive (500-600€). MFH is a very small companie and they don't make big money with their kits. They had a Ferrari license till the End of 2018. So it can't be THAT expensiv.

Looking forward to this. It uses Kyloton’s game engine so I hope it handles better than TT Isle of Man. FTrucks in AMS are fun and I think these kind of trucks were in TOCA 3 as well.

If the company or team does'nt exist anymore, you don't need a license. Point. And expensive license is often an excuse for developers and imo totaly BS. Some of you may know Model Factory Hiro from Japan. They produce 1:12 multimedia scale model kits, very cool and detailed. And expensive (500-600€). MFH is a very small companie and they don't make big money with their kits. They had a Ferrari license till the End of 2018. So it can't be THAT expensiv.

Models and games are not the same.

And when I talk about not existing anymore, it goes for the old teams - who owns the right to the names? As we saw with Lotus and Lotus in F1. One of them got their Lotus name from the old F1 team, the other did not.
Brabham got a court ruling in 2013 to keep anyone from outside the family to use the brand. Though Motor Racing Developments Ltd. which is the original, actual Brabham-team, seems to be owned by a certain Bernie Ecclestone. He is at least still the director of the firm.

There are loads of such companies from those old teams. They are not existing in the sense that we don't see them anymore, but they are still owned by someone, somewhere, who still have the rights for different aspects.
It's all about finding the right persons.

March seems to still be owned by the guy who bought it in 1993. Even though Wikipedia states he wound up the company in 93, he still owns it - and tried to get on the F1 grid in 2010.

And we can go on for ages. Most companies actually still exists, either due to family connections, enthusiasts who wanted to try and keep the name going, or someone getting it in hope to score some nice cash later. It is those people one have to track down and get the licenses from.

Models and games are not the same.

when I was in negotiations with Skoda for a license for game, they send me a form that was used for different company making the actual scale models, so the contract and all that was exactly the same , price I would imagine too but that one of course I can't know for sure

It probably depends on company too

when I was in negotiations with Skoda for a license for game, they send me a form that was used for different company making the actual scale models, so the contract and all that was exactly the same , price I would imagine too but that one of course I can't know for sure

It probably depends on company too

It will depend on companies, some are less happy to be in games, some are less happy to have their cars virtually damaged and so on. Some are rather delusional *cough* Toyota *cough*.

However, it is quite interesting, I would've believed that companies like that at least had two different forms for two different licenses. Unless the license basically covered the name of the car connected to the shape (to simplify it)

Reiza's truck DLC to rFactor 2 and it's enough for me ;)
This and the Stadium SuperTrucks. :)
But I turned a thread into a wishlist ... Now, I feel ashamed. :redface:

I hope that this game will deliver good physics (trucks, tracks surfaces, collisions ...). I will definitely buy this if it isn't too arcadey. I love the Formula Truck Series in AMS (, although the sounds could be a bit gruntier/louder).

I loved Mercedes-Benz Truck Racing, as much for the unique style (speed limiter on, still shocking how hard to stop in time) but also they had all the tracks; short version of A-1, Contidrom, Grammer, Lausitz, Most. I would be racing it now but I cant get my Fanatec Clubsport shifter to be recognized. (No stick shifter, no truck racing)

Regarding Laguna in a truck - I have video somewhere of various truck races I taped from 2002-2003. Besides European Truck Grand Prix highlights (Motorsport Mundial!), there is S.T.R.A.N.A. Super Truck Racing from ESPN2. On the preview show Boris Said is doing a test run at Laguna Seca. I believe Boris was mic'd up and said he was surprised how much he could slide and practice car control in such a heavy vehicle. Finally, a cockpit big enough for him. Gotta love Boris.

Gameplay! Anyone who's excited for an official licenced truck racing game better watch this new footage...

Taken from the beta version of the upcoming new title, this latest video of the FIA European Truck Racing Championship videogame is of the in game action aboard legendary driver Jochen Hahn at the Misano Circuit in Italy.

Showing some seriously impressive looking graphics and giving players a first taste of the gameplay mechanics unique to this form of racing, the early signs indicate that this could well be a very appealing game for race fans once it releases this July.

FIA ETRC Trailer.jpg

About This Game
The European Truck Racing Championship is one of the most spectacular and challenging motor racing competitions.

The driving difficulty and many unique race features have been faithfully reproduced with the KT Engine (WRC, TT Isle of Man).

In ETRC, like on real-life race tracks, you need to control the temperature of your brakes so they don't overheat and prevent you from finishing the race. You must also consider the weight of the truck when cornering, monitor tyre wear and find the best tactics for overtaking.

The official FIA ETRC game is a completely new option for all fans of racing sims.
  • 45 trucks with their official livery, including top manufacturers like Volvo, Man, Freightliner and Western Star
  • 20 teams that allow you to step into the shoes of the championship's best drivers
  • 14 circuits including official ETRC ones (Nürbürgring, Le Mans, Zolder, Misano…) as well as Laguna Seca, Circuit of The Americas and Fuji Speedway
  • Split screen multiplayer
  • 5 single-player modes and 5 multiplayer modes

FIA ETRC will release for PS4, Xbox One, PC and Nintendo Switch July 2019.

To keep in touch with all the latest happenings regarding this very exciting new title, get ready for our upcoming FIA ETRC sub forum as a place to go for all the news and discussions around this exciting new game.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited:
Not even close to Reiza's Formula truck.
Trucks doesn't lock their tires and they have too much grip.
But it'll be a fun game until big boss's release in december!
=============
This game looks very nice, KT engine has lots of potential.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 236 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 232 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 296 13.4%