• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

Featured FIA European Truck Racing Championship | Misano Gameplay

Discussion in 'FIA European Truck Racing Championship' started by Paul Jeffrey, May 26, 2019.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    RaceDepartment Editor-in-Chief Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +22,068

Gameplay! Anyone who's excited for an official licenced truck racing game better watch this new footage...

Taken from the beta version of the upcoming new title, this latest video of the FIA European Truck Racing Championship videogame is of the in game action aboard legendary driver Jochen Hahn at the Misano Circuit in Italy.

Showing some seriously impressive looking graphics and giving players a first taste of the gameplay mechanics unique to this form of racing, the early signs indicate that this could well be a very appealing game for race fans once it releases this July.

FIA ETRC Trailer.jpg

About This Game
    The European Truck Racing Championship is one of the most spectacular and challenging motor racing competitions.

The driving difficulty and many unique race features have been faithfully reproduced with the KT Engine (WRC, TT Isle of Man).

In ETRC, like on real-life race tracks, you need to control the temperature of your brakes so they don't overheat and prevent you from finishing the race. You must also consider the weight of the truck when cornering, monitor tyre wear and find the best tactics for overtaking.

The official FIA ETRC game is a completely new option for all fans of racing sims.
    • 45 trucks with their official livery, including top manufacturers like Volvo, Man, Freightliner and Western Star
    • 20 teams that allow you to step into the shoes of the championship's best drivers
    • 14 circuits including official ETRC ones (Nürbürgring, Le Mans, Zolder, Misano…) as well as Laguna Seca, Circuit of The Americas and Fuji Speedway
    • Split screen multiplayer
    • 5 single-player modes and 5 multiplayer modes

FIA ETRC will release for PS4, Xbox One, PC and Nintendo Switch July 2019.

To keep in touch with all the latest happenings regarding this very exciting new title, get ready for our upcoming FIA ETRC sub forum as a place to go for all the news and discussions around this exciting new game.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Instagram
    Youtube
    Twitch

Last edited: May 26, 2019
    • Like Like x 9
    • Love Love x 6
    • Beer Beer x 1
  2. Ruy Horta

Ruy Horta

Ratings:
    +53
    Reiza’s Formula Truck and AMS have great truck racing. This looks like potential fun.

Looks a bit clean, needs parts flying, break marks and a lot of dirty exhaust fumes.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 4
  3. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    RaceDepartment Editor-in-Chief Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +22,068
    Must admit, as a big, big, big fan of the Reiza Formula Truck content and the real world ETRC series I'm super hyped for this one - cannot wait to get my hands on it and have a go.

Praying it ends up being a good and realistic sim. This could grab a LOT of my oh so rare free time!

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 3
  4. Benutzername

Benutzername
    I breathe a lot. I guess i just really like air.

Ratings:
    +2,678
    Always loved Mercedes Benz Truck Racing, so...

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Love Love x 1
  5. Craig Dunkley

Craig Dunkley
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +2,133
    Yes Reiza knocked it out the park with truck racing...but concentrating on just trucks, one would expect this to be even better, fingers are firmly crossed.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala
    Premium

Ratings:
    +4,258
    Have you watched the video? ;)

• Haha Haha x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. makan

makan
    Premium

Ratings:
    +148
    Not even close to Reiza's Formula truck.
    Trucks doesn't lock their tires and they have too much grip.
    But it'll be a fun game until big boss's release in december!
    =============
    This game looks very nice, KT engine has lots of potential.

8. Gevatter

Gevatter
    The James May of Simracing Premium

Ratings:
    +237
    Well, I'm not impressed with the preview to be honest, it looks lifeless and the driving looks simplified, but it is recorded from the beta, so we'll see what will be improved, and I'll definitively try it out - but with the Formula Trucks making it into AMS 2 there is a good chance I'll wait for that in the end.

9. CC

CC
    Premium

Ratings:
    +7,207
    Looks very impressive and polished looks staggering the amount of tracks and specially trucks, they must have been hiding this away quite some time its no easy task building a game this complete ill be one of the 1st to step up and get this one for sure. :D

• Beer Beer x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Yoshi0597

Yoshi0597

Ratings:
    +1
    It kinda looks and reminds me of assetto corsa competizione, which is from a graphics standpoint, very good. :thumbsup:I'm not a truck racing fan, but this kind of racing looks quite interesting. Why are they topped out at 160kp/h??? Is it because of fuel efficiency or saving the engine?:O_o:

11. Chris Haye

Chris Haye
    Premium

Ratings:
    +73
    Pretty polished, extensive looking title - and most importantly fun. Seems to be pitched at the Codemasters crowd, and I suspect it'll do pretty well. I'm certainly looking forward to giving it a go.

• Beer Beer x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Dobermann92

Dobermann92

Ratings:
    +76
    Off topic (maybe get censored, but I hope not): Don't be the guy who cries for wolf when there is none. I think there is nothing SJW about this, don't be like them and get triggered about every little unimportant stuff.

On topic: While truck racing isn't my thing, I think I'll wait till AMS2, because that game will also have truck racing content and much more to play with. Even ACC which has one of the most popular series is struggling to get people interested about the game.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. Nico

Nico

Ratings:
    +228
    The steering wheel and driver hands don't move when turning? :O_o:

Makes you wonder what is their focus if something basic like that is not already present in a beta version. I'm gonna wait for further previews, but it doesn't seem like it's gonna be a good one at first sight. :thumbsdown:

• Like Like x 2
  14. BeliacosGR

BeliacosGR

Ratings:
    +10
    I am gonna buy this for sure!
    Needs better sound though

15. Lentoveloz

Lentoveloz
    Premium

Ratings:
    +54
    Distributor: Bigben. This raises questions about quality.
    Developer: NRacing. I don't know anything about NRacing.

16. silhouette106

silhouette106

Ratings:
    +7
    Otherwise you get 6 tons of metal doing 150+mph into a barrier and you kinda flatten the barrier rather than be stopped by it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. TheReaper GT

TheReaper GT
    Learning stuff, eating cookies. :D

Ratings:
    +268
    Those European trucks are cute... But this is the real deal:

That's what 1300hp looks like :D

• Like Like x 7
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Loosecannon

Loosecannon

Ratings:
    +0
    Looks Great, bit on the clean side alright i agree, needs to be dirty and dinted up like real thing
    Any word on VR support for this??

19. ZeroRisk

ZeroRisk
    Pro racing driver for hire! (according to ACC) Premium

Ratings:
    +762
    :O_o:
    I don't even see post you quoted in this thread... unless it was completely removed.
    I'm also unaware of what SJW is... but then again I do seem to miss a bit of whatever is happening IRL most of the time... ;)

20. Bruno Iwanczuk

Bruno Iwanczuk
    Premium

Ratings:
    +62
    After driving a F1 even GT3 cars feels slow. So trucks are turtles.

• Haha Haha x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.