Wheel Fixes
  • Improved FFB by reducing the jolts coming from big load spikes when driving off road
Nice!

Actually my only big problem about the FFB, never thought they actually try their own game with a wheel, and fix it. Still pretty spiky offroad, but change is in the right direction.

IMO you can get okayish FFB with following settings:

- Vibration low (something like 5%) or totally off
- Minimum force 100 (in usual sims this wouldn't make sense, but it gets rid of the otherwise ever-present deadzone)
- Spring 0%
- Damper 0%
- Understeer effect 50%
- FFB overall gain (ingame) high enough, so you'll feel something. With my T500 about 80%
- Rest default

To be honest, I now much rather use a wheel. But I never was that picky about FFB while I always appreciate good FFB like AMS or Assetto. But it has to be really damn bad, for me to pick up a gamepad. Wheel always feels more like driving a car, with more accurate range of steering angles, even if the FFB is less than stellar.

I think the physics of FH4 are pretty good arcade physics. Cars have ludicrous supergrip, but otherwise they feel somewhat logical. There's understeer, oversteer, countersteer, weight shift (on "simulation" mode enabled, assists off) even if you have to go to extremities to provoke it

Last edited:
Still no multi usb device fix. Grinds my gears to drive h shifter car with paddles because the don't want to fix this. Especially that it worked in the demo...

Hmm I'm using TH8A and T500 without a problem. I can use both depending on car, although clutch won't work unless using the manual + clutch option, but I don't want to drive all cars with stick, so I just pretend that clutch does something (I'll press it out of habit anyway).

I'm able to set custom wheel bindings too, didn't work for the longest time

Downloaded the demo.
When I started it wanted me to log in to Xbox live.
Since I have no interest in that and there was no way around it i decided to delete FH4 again.
Uninstalling took like 3 sec. So I was pretty sure it didn't delete much.

it made some folders on my D drive where I pointed it to install.
One a WindowsApps I can't get permission to delete!
Can't even get permission to open the folder?
WTF! This is my my computer and my HD, how come I can't delete it?

Anyway somebody know how I can delete the folder.
Windows clams access control entry is corrupted?

• Deleted member 197115

Emuwheel works now with FH4, when did that change?

• Deleted member 197115

Finally took time to configure EmuWheel for OSW.
Totally worth it, FFB just great, somewhere on the level of Wreckfest, much better than DR2 joke.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 226 14.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 157 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 153 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 117 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 217 14.2%