• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

FFGSC Season 1

Discussion in 'Forum Games' started by Aidan Keranen, Jun 11, 2019.

1. Carlitox

Carlitox

Ratings:
    +225
    CRE is back for more! @The Damson Destroyer returns for the first entry and as it has been since the start of the previous season, we're looking for a second driver! Shoot a PM or just post below :)

Livery full reveal soon (need to do a few tweaks!)

• Like Like x 1
  2. kedy89

kedy89

Ratings:
    +4,417
    A note for the painters, only car1 will be used. Don't paint the texture parts for car 2 that are on the template. Have the driver 1 and 2 stuff in separate layers, and hide them depending on the texture you save. You'll have 2 textures.

It's necessary because there might be 1/3 car teams.

3. Lesley Buurlage

Lesley Buurlage
    I'm fast as fook boy Premium

Ratings:
    +1,722
    i noticed the car 2 texture parts not working yeah, gotta adjust that then

4. kedy89

kedy89

Ratings:
    +4,417
    Think I also only included car1 in the archive, at least z3d. Can't recall if I put the gp4 files as well.

5. Márk Lintner

Márk Lintner

Ratings:
    +473
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Lesley Buurlage

Lesley Buurlage

Ratings:
    +1,722
    isn't it better to fill all the teams with 2 drivers first before we take on 3rd drivers? :roflmao:

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Márk Lintner

Márk Lintner

Ratings:
    +473
    We are fast, its not our problem ;):roflmao:

8. kedy89

kedy89

Ratings:
    +4,417
    Better read the rules then

• Haha Haha x 1
  9. Márk Lintner

Márk Lintner

Ratings:
    +473
    The championships is designed around having up to 22 full time Race Drivers. For Race Drivers, they have no handicaps placed on them, therefore having a higher potential than Manager-Drivers.

4.1.2 Manager-Driver

In the occurrence of a lack of competitors to take the driving seats, team managers can take control of the driving duties of one of their cars in order to make sure that there is still a 22 car field. Manager drivers will receive full points, however will only be afforded 60 skill instead of 80 in their Setup Bank. Manager-Drivers are not required to vacate their seats, though should take the opportunity if presented under certain circumstances.

Teams in FFGSC will be somewhat fluid as there will be an allowance of different sized teams. As such, a team will be defined as having a single manager with between one and four entry slots for their cars.
    They will then have the same amount of drivers as slots to drive those cars (one may be themselves as a Manager-Driver). Teams of any amount of entry slots will contribute points to the Teams Championship as per Article 2.2. Teams may not be officially considered under the same banner if they do not earn points for the same team.

As many non-manager drivers as needed per team can be signed to the team to drive the cars, known as Race Drivers. They are allowed their full Setup Bank. Manager-Drivers can fill in for their own team, but with a reduced Setup Bank (see Articles 4.1.2 and 4.2).

I don't see where it is that we need 2 drivers first
    I can be wrong.

10. kedy89

kedy89

Ratings:
    +4,417
    continue reading

11. Lesley Buurlage

Lesley Buurlage

Ratings:
    +1,722
    point 4.3
    "Drivers may then join any team that has a vacancy (except in point 1). "
    in theory for a 22 driver grid you want to have 11 teams with each 2 drivers, with your 2 seats filled you theoratically have no vacancies left, in comparison to other teams. it would be logical to fill those vacancies up first. but as it isn't clearly stated this probably is going to be a case of rule 1.4

edit: article 5.7 clearifies it all

12. Márk Lintner

Márk Lintner

Ratings:
    +473
    Not there but I found it

Entry slots are what decides how many cars a team will have on track. At the start of Season 1, all teams from FFG Season 5 will be offered 2 entry slots which they can accept or decline. Untaken slots will be returned to the championship, and then offered to the remaining teams to enter more cars. If more teams apply for the slots than there are to give away, a random generator will be used. Teams that have been declined previously or have a single slot only will get a better chance to get the slot, or if the stewards agree to offer them a slot before a draw is held.

13. Azabadaza

Azabadaza

Ratings:
    +111
    Yep, so we wait till all teams are entered and have 2 drivers each. Only then the remaining entry slots are divided between the teams and third or fourth drivers can be chosen.
    I questioned Aidan about this exact point extensively prior to the release of the series xD

• Haha Haha x 1
  14. Joseph Wright

Joseph Wright
    RaceDepartment Lead Commentator Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +2,025
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  15. Lesley Buurlage

Lesley Buurlage

Ratings:
    +1,722
    well then you are in :thumbsup:

• Love Love x 1
  16. Matt

Matt
    Premium

Ratings:
    +416
    Confirmation that @ME9Swe will be driving one of the Prifelli cars.

edit. @Dovi design is also returning for the other car.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  17. ME9Swe

ME9Swe
    I know, he thinks he's quick, but he's not

Ratings:
    +65
    So good to be Back!!!!

18. oorjit07

oorjit07

Ratings:
    +216
    I'd like to announce that @Sasha Jednak will be joining Team Optima for Season 1 of the FFGSC.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Aidan Keranen

Aidan Keranen
    League of Legends Play by Play Caster Premium

Ratings:
    +4,623
    Yeah so you can't sign a third driver when there is no guarantee you have three cars is basically the issue that's be provided.

20. the_sigman

the_sigman

Ratings:
    +1,995
    Apparently I am free again, so if you are looking for a driver you can drop me a PM :thumbsup:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.