Resource icon

Apps FFBClip app 5.3

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hi ! I figured out that I was still using the 4.1.3 version so I decided to update to 5.3 but it doesn't work at all, I activated it in the menu but can't find it in game, by reading the previous comments I suppose that it comes from the missing ini file, so I tried to create a blank one, even tried to use the one from the 4.1.3 but if I do so, the 4.1.3 version is being displayed, not the 5.3. I'm really stuck and find any solution. Maybe someone using the 5.3 version could update his own FFBClip.ini file ?

Edit: FInally found the solution, I still had an 4.1.3 version of the .py file in the assettocorsa main folder that was in conflict with the newer version, everything works fine now

Last edited:
Hi,
Just came from a fresh install of AC, I have some trouble with FFB Clip App (last version)
I use a OSW DD wheel so I set it in the option and set the NM value to.
After a while the force feedback goes stronger and stronger ; the Current Gain (T,S,A) value increase from 100 to 300 and I lost forcefeedback feeling in the wheel.
I don't use dynamic option.
I tried to uninstall and install (trought Content Manager and not) without succes.
Any ideas for this issue ?
Thanks for help.

Hi, i have a problem, after use and try many setups in my T300RS Alcantara i lost full FFB.... When I run game using steam everything work fines. When using a CM i dont have any FFB ingame.
I think it start when i setup a FFBClip to Dynamic and turn on Quick Settings in ForceFeedback Options from right panel. Any solution?

Hello. I cannot see the app anywhere. Installed it, enabled it in AC (and in the manager too), still I have no window for that. Any hints, please? Thanks!

hi all
thx for ur great job
i used your app for 2months , but at this time it is still activated but it doesnt appear in the apps in the right of the screen.
i try to delete and reinstall but it doesnt work .
and now i redonwload the app ,and i cant find the files assetto_corsa.ini and open.(i cantremember) in the .rar
whats wrong plz
thx before

Hi guys!
Sorry, I've been neglecting this thread for a while!

So, the issue with the app not showing up at all is usually an issue where the app can't find your "documents" folder.
I don't know what cause this, and I suck at error trapping, so that means the app just fails to load. I'll look into getting that sorted ASAP.

Seems most of the general usage questions have been answered byother users, thank you for that!

I'll make sure I reenable notifications and hopefully I'l be more active in this thread from now on!

...is usually an issue where the app can't find your "documents" folder.

when using os.path.expanduser() function (like you do with FFBClip) it might still be another path, if the user has moved the standard-"Documents" folder away to somewhere else

This seems to be the preferred way to get user-documents-folder

Code:
import ac, acsys, platform, os, sys
if platform.architecture()[0] == "64bit":
    dllfolder = "stdlib64"
else:
    dllfolder = "stdlib"
cwd = os.path.dirname(os.path.realpath(__file__))
sys.path.insert(0, os.path.join(cwd, dllfolder))
os.environ['PATH'] = os.environ['PATH'] + ";."
import ctypes.wintypes   ### maybe only "import ctypes"
CSIDL_PERSONAL = 5 # My Documents
SHGFP_TYPE_CURRENT = 0 # Get current, not default value
buf = ctypes.create_unicode_buffer(ctypes.wintypes.MAX_PATH)
ctypes.windll.shell32.SHGetFolderPathW(None, CSIDL_PERSONAL, None, SHGFP_TYPE_CURRENT, buf)
userDir = buf.value # bingo, userdir/documents!

edit: for that you also need those files in your app folder (like "sol_weather"- or other apps have):
Code:
stdlib64\_ctypes.pyd
stdlib\_ctypes.pyd

there are other apps reading it from windows-registry, ie helicorsa (in heliconfig.py)

Last edited:
when using os.path.expanduser() function (like you do with FFBClip) it might still be another path, if the user has moved the standard-"Documents" folder away to somewhere else

This seems to be the preferred way to get user-documents-folder

Code:
import ctypes.wintypes   ### maybe only "import ctypes"
CSIDL_PERSONAL = 5 # My Documents
SHGFP_TYPE_CURRENT = 0 # Get current, not default value
buf = ctypes.create_unicode_buffer(ctypes.wintypes.MAX_PATH)
ctypes.windll.shell32.SHGetFolderPathW(None, CSIDL_PERSONAL, None, SHGFP_TYPE_CURRENT, buf)
userDir = buf.value # bingo, userdir/documents!

there are other apps reading it from windows-registry, ie helicorsa (in heliconfig.py)

Thank you! I'll experiment a bit, I'm gonna need to rewrite a bit to accommodate this.

I also haven't touched the code in a year, so it'll probably be Greek to me anyway...

Ok, if one of you that have had issues with the app not appearing due to a relocated "my documents" folder, could you please reset your FFBClip.ini and see if this version loads for you with no changes?

I had to rename the file as the forum won't allow .rar files as attachments....

Attachments

• FFBClip532.rar.txt
    1.4 MB · Views: 366
Ok, if one of you that have had issues with the app not appearing due to a relocated "my documents" folder, could you please reset your FFBClip.ini and see if this version loads for you with no changes?

I had to rename the file as the forum won't allow .rar files as attachments....

Alte Dreier: this one has changed! Now it's working for me!! I had the same issue with the app not showing up. What did you do to it? I still have the same issue with other apps (Sidekick / helicorsa / thesetupmarket). Thanks a lot in advance :)

he changed the way "documents" folder is read, see my post above

you have your "documents" moved somewhere else?

No I haven't changed / touched / moved the documents folder, I kept them as they were. The only difference is, that my documents folder is called 'Dokumente' - I set german as my prefered language in Windows. Could that be it?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back