Resource icon

Apps FFBClip app 5.3

Login or Register an account to download this content
OK, it still didnt work.
So, what i actually did was, i deleted the python.ini file in the assetto/cfg folder and that fixed it for me. Now the app shows up when in game. Works great.

Thx a lot ;)

I was so happy with this app since it stopped my g920 from shaking. However, whenever I try and use it now, loading in a race of any sort, it crashes and sets me back into the menu. I've tried deleting the Assetto Corsa Folder in the Documents section which did not help, even deleted and redownloaded FFB Clip.
I know it's not another app since I toggled all to see which one was causing the problem.
Please help me out, the app is vital for me to play without a shaking wheel.

Trying to get FFBClip to show in game. If I unpack the FFBClip53 folder to steamapps/common/assettocorsa/apps/python it show up in the Generals Tab but not in game. If I unpack it to steamapps/common/assettocorsa/ it doesn't show in the Generals Tab or in game. Any suggestions?

I think I've done everything listed in this thread. 4.3, 5.1, replace this and that, used WinZip...

This is a new Windows 10 build with a brand new Assetto Corsa and Steam install.

Just discovered this in the log file.

ERROR: Python [ERROR] File apps/python/FFBClip/FFBClip.py not found

But... the file FFBClip.py is there. :(

Assetto corsa 0.18.0105.5092

Last edited:
I was so happy with this app since it stopped my g920 from shaking. However, whenever I try and use it now, loading in a race of any sort, it crashes and sets me back into the menu. I've tried deleting the Assetto Corsa Folder in the Documents section which did not help, even deleted and redownloaded FFB Clip.
I know it's not another app since I toggled all to see which one was causing the problem.
Please help me out, the app is vital for me to play without a shaking wheel.
Same here. I played yesterday and everything was fine, but now I'm thrown back into the main menu whenever I start a new session. Without the app, everything works fine. It's a shame because this application is such a great addition to the game.

Edit: Just tried what @ron7 suggested a page back and it works again. Installed version 4.3.2 first and then the most recent version. Thanks a lot!

Last edited:
quick question, do I need the app open during racing for it to work, or can I open it, set it to auto then close it and will it still work in the background?
Sorry if this has been asked before, but I can't find a search thread option here.

I am having the same issues as others. 4.3.2 works just fine, any version after that crashes the game at the end of the loading screen and content manager tells me that the app is broken. I've tried replacing 4.3.2 .py file with 5.3 .py file, and that will crash the app before Loading finishes while 4.3.2 works fine. I've tried almost every version past 4.3.2 and they all do not work. I love this app but really want to use the newest version, not one from 2 yrs ago. If anyone has suggestions that would be very much appreciated, as I see the developer has not commented in a while.

In your main Assetto Corsa folder. For me that is F:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\assettocorsa, but yours may vary slightly depending on install path. Unpacking it to the main AC folder will put it where it belongs.

I installed it in the same folder as you. The toggle shows in the options menu, but the race fails to fully load. After loading track, cars, etc, boots me back to main menu. Any idea of what could be wrong?

If the app can't read the path to your documents folder it will crash like that. Make sure the "path" parameter is pointing in the right direction in the FFBClip.ini file. It should point to your assetto corsa cfg folder, user_ff.ini file

Example:
Path = C:\\Users\YourUserName\Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\user_ff.ini

Also, it seems the app has issues creating files for some people. If you have weird crashes, try manually creating two empty text files in the config folder: Combos.ini and FFBClip.ini.

I'm not a proficient programmer, and for some reason I have a hard time trapping those file handling errors.

Last edited:
So, first of all: Thank you very much for the app, had my FFB waaay too low without it :).

Shouldn't the "Path" variable in "FFBClip.ini" point to the controls.ini?
The default value in FFBClip.py is "~\Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\controls.ini".

BTW: I took the time and modified the FFBClip.py so that it now saves the Histogram for a specific Track/TrackLayout/Car Combination. Therefore the FFB now doesn't change as much upon session start.

Do you want that code?

(Also took the liberty to change a few other things, which triggered me. The histogram is now initialized as such for example:
'Histogram = [0] * HistogramSize'
instead of that for-loop :D)

Ive just installed the app but Im not getting any in game app option to go off in the in-car menu, only the original ffb controller? Any ideas what could be wrong? Its showing up in the general options tab and has been enabled but no in game data options?

@Adam Barrs
Check the "log.txt" and "py_log.txt" in "C:\Users\<Username>\Documents\Assetto Corsa\logs" for errors.

If you can't find anything feel free to upload those two files, but be advised that they might contain some personal data of yours.
The "log.txt" for example contains your Steam Username, ID and Community ID in the first few lines.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back