PC1 FFB XML files available for enhanced feel (from Jack Spade)

Jack Spade shared his FFB Tweaker Files to enhance the FFB feel. I find them very good so I thought I'd share them here (I used the SopLateral ones).

I´ve been asked by WMD members to post my FFB Tweaker Files here in this new forum too..... here they are
smile.png

What is it?

It´s a text file (xml) containing the same parameters you find on the individual Car Setup FFB Pages. Once the tweaker files are activated the
game ignores just the FFB settings on these pages. There is an optimized individual file for each and every car.

In pCARS FFB is directly derivated from the individual car/tire physics hence universal, so the files will work on any type of wheel.
It´s the core of FFB, if something is out of tune here it can´t be corrected by the wheel preset parameters later down the line, this is the most
important part of FFB tuning. BTW the SMS guys did a great job developing the car and tire physics and all other stuff for this game.

This FFB system enables you to tune all important physical forces that occur. It´s a great system, but there are a few traps or oddities that
must be considered. As a long-time WMD member I constantly followed game development and adjusted the files accordingly numerous times,
so learning about the stuff and how to make it really work well despite the traps and oddities probably most of you are unaware of.

How do I use the files?

The posting contains 2 different sets of files - Standard and Fy+Soplateral Mix
Inside a folder called "FFB". This folder must go in > My Documents/Project CARS .....Note, only one FFB folder at a time.

The tweaker files get activated by just starting the game. - Again, the car FFB setup pages are ignored. You can deactivate the files by renaming
the FFB folder.

What´s the difference between the sets?

1. Standard - classic parameters Fx,Mz,Fy,Fz - but additional SopDiff. bumps/kerbs/road feel from the rear tires, solves phase issues.

2. Fy+SopLateral Mix - side load mix (front/rear) 2/3 + 1/3 by forces not by numbers. FFB feels slightly different but gives more feel what the
rear of the car is doing, all other parameters as Standard.

Note: I prefer the latter.

In combo with the following global FFB settings, the files are designed to transmit an optimized FFB signal of the individual car to the wheel
avoiding FFB clipping to a great extend. There still is some clipping when you hold the wheel at 45-90 degrees turning angle and drive on high
kerbs. In this case strong forces occur at the same time causing the bumps/kerbs signals to clip slightly, but still acceptable.
What you see on the FFB monitor is transmitted to the wheel. I don´t recommend to increase Tire Force cause FFB signals are already close to
the limit.

Global FFB settings: FFB = 100, Tire Force = 100 -> Very important, FFB ALWAYS at 100 any wheel!

Force Feedback Calibration Page:

Relative Adjust Gain 1.10 (1.00 okay also)
Relative Adjust Bleed 0.10
Relative Adjust Clamp 0.95

Deadzone Removal Range: is wheel depending....as a CSW v2 user I have it at 0.

CSW v2 users who like it really clean without force loss try this: Tire Force = 70, FOR = 140

The files are PC only, but the parameter values can be converted for all platforms - multiplicator 100

Jack Spade Tweaker Files V1.4.1.zip

Lykan Hypersport added to complete the list, no other changes.

here is a direct link (can't upload .rar here): http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=89585612779828091777

new one? is that the brake one?
Yes but it's also as it says so quite a bit more road feel. Don't forget though I have the TX and you the T300 and I think we all thought the same settings would suit both............well I've found out different. A guy gave some help with RRRE and he's had both and explained that he had to have totally different settings for each wheel so maybe that's where you are going wrong? just a thought

Yes but it's also as it says so quite a bit more road feel. Don't forget though I have the TX and you the T300 and I think we all thought the same settings would suit both............well I've found out different. A guy gave some help with RRRE and he's had both and explained that he had to have totally different settings for each wheel so maybe that's where you are going wrong? just a thought
The stock T300RS rim is much heavier it mutes the feel a lot over the TX rim. I had the GTE rim which is similar to the T300RS and it was quite a big difference. Overall PCars seem to have bad TX profiles at least out of all sims I get the worst results in PCars despite spending hour upon hour trying to make it good :(

I have done a lot of work with the in-game settings and have some ideas if you want. I use a T500RS with a lot of torque also and If you read whats out here about the settings it can help a lot. I had the same issues but went and took some time reading an testing and came to a nice real feel wheel. I don't use any dead zones either, they slow reaction time and feedback and tend to mush or take the feel out. Lots of settings available to come to a sweet spot and it's not the sim, it's the adjusting and time you need to spend to get it rite. Mine is felling great now but still tweaking it a little as I go. Good luck all.

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 137 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 190 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 376 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing