Featured FFB Updates Headline New Forza Motorsport 7 Update

Discussion in 'Forza Motorsport 7' started by Paul Jeffrey, Feb 5, 2019.

1. Damage Inc

Damage Inc

Ratings:
    +324
    sorry for off topic but dayum that Ferrari is Fugly!!

2. Olivier Mandavy

Olivier Mandavy

Ratings:
    +30
    The FFB is not so bad.
    I'm using a Fanatec CSL-E
    I put my in-game FFB settings Forza_FFB.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  3. DKGORACE

DKGORACE
    Premium

Ratings:
    +49
    You wont be disappointed, once you get use to the feel of FM7.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ryan Soucy

Ryan Soucy

Ratings:
    +121
    I downloaded the trial to my PC and xBox and I can get it to work on the xBox. Its pretty amazing what they do with the vibrations through the triggers to simulate traction loss. The xbone controllers are really good. I actually think I'll like FM7 more than FH4, which I have.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ryan Soucy

Ryan Soucy

Ratings:
    +121
    It looks good in night races on poorly lit tracks.

• Haha Haha x 1
  6. MarkR

MarkR

Ratings:
    +422
    Fab, I'm glad we're still just discussing games and it's nothing personal or one of those sim racing special moments. Your attention to detail is exceptional - like the opta stats/moneyball of sim racing. One of these sim developers ought to sign you up as data joe.

Thanks for the explanations and no need to spend more time on it unless you want to! Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 yes I agree slightly stickier than the Corsa but not as extreme as the Trofeo-R so you likely made the right call.

I'm going to give the GT3 RS a run vs the real world laptime video in each game over the weekend and see how they do. I've driven several iterations of the GT3 RS with the Porsche Driving School at Silverstone but not at the 'ring so it won't be as direct a comparison in terms of wheel and car feel on the same track as it is with the Megane and the real 'ring for me.

As a linked point, I've been lucky enough to get invited to a track tyre test days for the last few years and drive several cars on the leading trackday tyres.

I can't say much about the tests but my personal opinion is that all the tyres have benefits and downsides, ultimate grip for a hotlap, those Trofeo R's are something else (it's really a dry weather only tyre) but for performance and durability and performance all day long nothing touches the Cup 2's, all that endurance racing experience has benefits. I personally buy Michelin PS Cup 2's and even run them on my road car during the summer because the level of grip is amazing on road and track.

Good work with the data and I don't doubt AC is ultimately more accurate but I still think Forza can produce some high quality moments too, especially with the new FFB.

• Beer Beer x 1
  7. TylerDurden4321

TylerDurden4321

Ratings:
    +87
    Thanks for the kind words. What I heard about the Michelin is that it gives exceptional feedback and the tire just feels right.
    About Forza again: Turn 10 models some parameters of the stock tire compound different for each car to match some real world data better, which is pretty hit and miss with some real stinkers in there too. I'm sure some FM7 cars can produce amazingly accurate lap times.

Let me know how the comparisons between games vs a real life video go, when you get to it; I'm definitely interested in the outcome (can be a private message too, we're derailing here I think). Maybe you can compare the speedo for some straights and corners as well.
    Btw. about 2 years ago I wrote small program in the Wolfram language that crops out speedo values in from an image and OCR-scans the data into a speed data, so I could compare it to pCARS (the pCARS Profiler has CSV data export). It mostly worked, but when it didn't (because of bad background behind the HUD values), I had to clean up the list by hand, there was also some h.264 trouble... still would have been cool for your laps. We could have added AC data too; with the ACTI add-on you can import AC telemetry into MoTec i2 Pro and from there export into a CSV table for Mathematica or Excel (not as fun though :geek:).

• Love Love x 1
  8. ozm8ey

ozm8ey

Ratings:
    +21
    Just got a freeze in the game. I just left free play and the screen went black with the spinning wheel thing then it froze. I tried to atl+ctrl+del but didn't work, in the end i had to hard reset my pc.

9. theravenousbeast

theravenousbeast

Ratings:
    +110
    Well I wasn't going to be defeated by a couple of UI sliders so here goes:

I made these for my Logitech DFGT but they should be good for all gear and belt driven wheels. I tried it with mostly AWD and RWD S-class cars but also a few C, B and A cars.

Vibration 10 (personal pref)
    FFB gain 75 (personal pref, adjust this if wheel feels too strong/light)
    Align 200 (don't touch)
    Mech 130 (don't touch)
    Pneum 70(don't touch)
    Road feel 100 (should begood)
    Damper 0 (the usual, but belt wheels might benefit from 10-20)
    Center Spring 0 (don't touch)

For S-class and above 540 degrees should be perfect, for A and below 720-900 is good.

edit: I'm really curious to hear what people think of these so let me know eh? Good or bad :) It will still feel a bit disconnected but it is what it is.

• Like Like x 1
  10. MarkR

MarkR

Ratings:
    +422
    Hustling the GT3 RS round the 'ring proved to be a lot of fun.

2019 GT3 RS Forza 7 vs Real World Record Nordschleife Lap Time

As far as the latest wheel feedback is concerned both the weight and feel in the wheel are superb. As is the sometimes case with Forza the GT3RS isn't as exact a match with the real world lap time car - not as close as the Megane in any case. About 90% of the lap is a match in terms of corner speed but the last third of the track the Forza car has less grip but a higher top speed on the straights, overall though it's a close run lap.

We had more fun running track day style laps around the 'ring in 'meet up' mode (shamelessly borrowed from AC no question) this weekend than for many years. I didn't think Forza would improve this much so late in the game cycle, let's hope this means something special is on the way for the next game.

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.