FFB through your seat. Not Audio, but actual telemetry FFB Tactile feedback (Buttkicker?)

I’m into simracing and use a Playseat Evolution Alcantara.

I’m looking for something that allows me to feel FFB effects through the seat (not audio, but tactile effects based on actual telemetry and FFB, like gear change clunks, locking tires when braking, oversteer, understeer, maybe even tire slip, engine frequency, car vibrations, etc.).

Would people advise a Butt Kicker Gamer 2 or a Buttkicker Simulation Kit, Or something else?

The two products I mentioned are quite cheap (around $200) and I’m looking for something in that range.

Ideally I’d like something that is just plug and play with a Playseat Evolution. I understand BKG2 has a ready made installation kit for the Playseat.

I race using headphones.

Thanks for any advice!

Hi

A BKG2 would likely do you just fine. They use separate output driven on a separate soundcard (this might be an issue currently as your headphones may use the PC internal soundcard?)

I use USB headphones which have their own soundcard for game audio, and the internal PC soundcard to drive the shaker, via a piece of software called SimHub.

It's brilliant. You can literally feel gearchange and terrain information, such as rumble strips, or wheels breaking traction etc.

Colin

Upvote 0
I think you can still use your headphones as the BK2 comes with a splitter.

It's mentioned in the SimPit review around the 4 minute mark and goes into more detail during the installation phase:

Upvote 0
Splitting audio has the drawback though that it's just shaking the bass of all of the audio that you otherwise hear anyway. There's no further information there, just added shake to the sound. Not worth doing, IMHO. If you're going to spend the money on the shaker, at least use it properly.

Using a second card/simhub means that various effects which may or may not be audio cue'd are used to shake the rig/seat, so you are getting MORE information rather than just the wheel. It's a zillion% more useful and immersive.

You can buy USB soundcards for pennies - which you can use for headphones, if you currently use the onboard. This will free up the PC soundcard for the shaker.

If you plug headphones, for instance, into a screen, then you're good to go, as the soundcard isn't being used.

Upvote 0
Splitting audio has the drawback though that it's just shaking the bass of all of the audio that you otherwise hear anyway. There's no further information there, just added shake to the sound. Not worth doing, IMHO. If you're going to spend the money on the shaker, at least use it properly.

Using a second card/simhub means that various effects which may or may not be audio cue'd are used to shake the rig/seat, so you are getting MORE information rather than just the wheel. It's a zillion% more useful and immersive.

You can buy USB soundcards for pennies - which you can use for headphones, if you currently use the onboard. This will free up the PC soundcard for the shaker.

If you plug headphones, for instance, into a screen, then you're good to go, as the soundcard isn't being used.

Thanks for the insight, Colin. I have zero experience with the tactile side of things and it's good insight for me to learn what you should or shouldn't be doing :)

Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 137 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 190 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 376 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing