FFB strength ....trying to get more on my CSW.

Hey guys.....on some cars , I'd like to be able to bump up the actual force of the wheel. Take the Boxer cup for instance. I can feel all the bumps , grooves ect.....but seems pretty weak. I've been noticing this a lot when it comes to the stock content cars in the sim , but some of my mod cars feel nice a strong.

There a simple way to just boost the strength , without messing up the actual feel of the road? The FFB is something I've never messed with before.

CSW here and agree with Alexandre. WIth everything at default settings, the FFB is perfect in almost all cases. For a couple of cars that are not, you can bump things a notch at a time with Realfeel (do you know about and use that?). But in most cases, if you crank it higher, you will get clipping. Reiza has already adjusted it to maximize the capabilities of our wheels.

I have found that, for most cars in AMS, increasing caster a bit in the actual car setup tightens up the feel nicely, giving a stronger return to center tendency than the default setups. I enjoy more resistance at turn in and on center, and caster seems to be a benign setup adjustment to accomplish that.

Interestingly, the car you mention, the Boxer Cup, does not allow caster adjustment. I will say the Boxer cup may be light feeling because it is a rear-engine car with a very light front end. I bet there's nothing wrong with your wheel or its settings. I find the Boxer rather light on feel even on my Large Mige OSW, which is extremely powerful. It is exactly as you describe---bumps, curbs, etc are potent, while the general feel is light.

Really, one of the best qualities of AMS is the differentiation in handling at the wheel among the cars it offers. I can get hours of enjoyment out of lapping different cars on a single track I've learned and discovering the nuances among the differing cars. This is the first and only sim I've tried that has actually made FFB a core element of the driving experience, rather than just a layered on set of effects.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back