FFB real-time monitoring now possible

I just wanted to let everyone know that thanks to the efforts of the developer of rF2 Shared Memory Tools plugin and the developer of SimHub, we've now once again gained the ability to do something that I was sorely missing in rF2 for months now - monitor the FFB in real time. See the rightmost bar in my pedal widget:

i-jXLcdxn.gif

You can also see it in action in a video on my channel where I also show my (very basic) dashboard I currently use, but you probably don't want to listen to my awkward commentary ;)

Obviously you can use this and display it in all sorts of way, this is just something I quickly put together based on how the FFB monitor often works in other games.

I honestly can't thank enough both of the devs who made it possible, it is such a crucial thing IMO that was sorely missing from rF2 since the DX9 plugin with the same functionality stopped working due to the switch to DX11.

Edit 21. 2. 2019:
Since people are still asking for a guide and apparently struggling, here's a few screenshots to hopefully help you achieve a gauge like you see above in SimHub.

dashboard1.png

dashboard2.png

dashboard3.png

dashboard4.png

dashboard5.png

Please note that this is simply how I use the available data. You can obviously do pretty much anything you like with them, this is just one possibility of many.

Last edited:
If you have DX12, then you also have DX11, that's not the issue. And I don't think the plugin is even dependent on DirectX version.
Also, you have to use SimHub (unless some other app started supporting the FFB data from the plugin as well). The plugin itself only gathers the data and sends it to apps such as SimHub to display. It doesn't display anything by itself.

So I'm guessing the plugin might actually be working for you, you just don't have SimHub to access the data and show it to you on your (external) dashboard or overlay.

If you have DX12, then you also have DX11, that's not the issue. And I don't think the plugin is even dependent on DirectX version.
Also, you have to use SimHub (unless some other app started supporting the FFB data from the plugin as well). The plugin itself only gathers the data and sends it to apps such as SimHub to display. It doesn't display anything by itself.

So I'm guessing the plugin might actually be working for you, you just don't have SimHub to access the data and show it to you on your (external) dashboard or overlay.
Thank you very much, and I think I solved the problem.
I used SimHub and the plugin works very well.
When I played the game in Fullscreen Mode, the SimHub will covered by the game.
After I changed the game to the Windowed Mode, the SimHub became visible.

Martin thank you.
So I just need to use your file you have saved in Dropbox and let Simhub installing it without do a manual process.
Instead, if I am download the rf2 shared memory tool I have to save it in the rf2 plugin folder. How can I modify the plugin with Simhub? Thank you

You don`t have to download the plugin, it`s included with SimHub now, this thread is several months old. Just let SimHub configure itself for rF2 (you are prompted to do so) and you should be good.

The file I shared via Dropbox is not the plugin, it`s my dashboard.

You don`t have to download the plugin, it`s included with SimHub now, this thread is several months old. Just let SimHub configure itself for rF2 (you are prompted to do so) and you should be good.

The file I shared via Dropbox is not the plugin, it`s my dashboard.

Great, thanks Martin. I will download in these nights the updated Simhub and then I will try it.
Do I just need to enable rF2 options in Simhub and the plugin is already available when I will use GT3 cars? If you can please just let me know what I have to enable in Simhub to use the clipping monitor tool.
thank you

Done. I have the FFB now on my smartphone.
Easy task, now that I came back home.
Install Simhub, enable the plugin provided with Simhub, download the file provided by Martin, double click ok the file and install it into the dashboard in Simhub. Run it on my smartphone and now I’ve set my favourite GT3 cars in rF2.
Amazing now.

Thanks to Martin for the file, Simhub and all the community.

I only skipped through the video as I have zero experience with VR, but it doesn't seem to be using anything you install in SimHub, he's just using the Oculus features to pin a SimHub window to the VR space. The option to run a dashboard windowed is already part of SimHub by default.

That archive just contains his VR dashboard you see in the video. You don't have to use it, you can create/modify your own and then pin it in the VR like he explains.

But if you want to use it, just put the folder from the archive into your SimHub DashTemplates folder.

Thanks for this!
Editing another dashboard w/ a track map to include FFB bar. I added a linear gauge, how do I rotate it so that the gauge moves down to up, not left to right? ---Rotate! ;)

Any idea why the gauge doesn't update (ie. bar doesn't go up as I increase steering)? Already have the formula inside color... throttle and brake work fine.

Last edited:
Updated my post too late... Any idea why the gauge doesn't update (ie. bar doesn't go up as I increase steering)? Already have the formula inside color... throttle and brake work fine.

Ok, now it's actually working, but not w/ the bar going down/up. I put a value of 50 on the gauge and only the color changes, the bar stays static. How do I fix that?
BTW, where do you assign the function for the gauge (ie. brakes to read brakes input, etc.). I don't see a property on the widget where to assign that.

Thanks.

The lag between inputs and outputs is shocking (game monitor setup). You have to drive with vsync on, and even then, the sim dash can get delayed.
Just a warning before anyone plows any money into this to get 60fps, thinking the lag was the 10fps non 'donation' gets you.
Make sure you try the 5 min trial before. :)

I honestly have no idea what you mean by having to drive with vsync on or about delays or lag. I can absolutely drive with vsync off (though it gets a bit more complicated in borderless window mode if you are using the overlays, but technically it still runs with vsync off), and I don't see any lag with either my dashboard on phone or with the overlays.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 266 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 175 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 175 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 130 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 235 13.6%