FFB / Real Feel Question

Hi,

I just bought GSC 2012 and I am really enjoying it. It's the first sim I have ever played where drifting actually feels natural and doesn't require you to learn when to counter steer, you just feel it and it works. Great stuff.

Anyway the FFB on the whole is really nice and requires no setting up to get a good feeling..........however.

For me I am missing some of the low speed feeling. The FFB feels wonderful when the tyres are loaded up in high speed corners but in slow 2nd gear corners I just have hardly any feeling on turn in.

Now I know I can increase the max force at steering rack using right Ctrl and NP 7 and I can get a bit more feeling into the wheel by doing this but it makes the other forces too pronounced, especially in the high speed stuff.

Is there a way I can get some low speed feeling back without having too much force in other situations???

In the RealFeelPlugin.ini file........

[Formula__3:]
MaxForceAtSteeringRack=-1500.000000
SteeringDamper=50000.000000
FFBMixerRealFeelPercent=100.000000
FrontGripEffect=0.200000
SmoothingLevel=1
Kf=4000.000000
Ks=7.000000
A=1.500000
Kr=3.000000

What about the steering damper? I don't want to mess with these settings too much as the FFB already feels excellent......just that I am missing a little feeling in the slow stuff.

Could someone explain the "FrontGripEffect" to me?? Also what are the four settings below "SmoothingLevel"??

I am using a Logitech G25 btw.........maybe the lack of feeling is just due to my now very old wheel? :-D

Thanks very much for any advice.

You will lose grip with tire wear and FFB strentgh as a consequence, and yes fuel may also play a smaller part. However if it´s getting so light to the point of it being a distraction, the FFB might not strong enough to begin with.

You will lose grip with tire wear and FFB strentgh as a consequence, and yes fuel may also play a smaller part. However if it´s getting so light to the point of it being a distraction, the FFB might not strong enough to begin with.

Well it feels strong enough in high load situations but it can feel too light in slower stuff as I mentioned earlier.

So the only way to increase the FFB strength is to raise the "MaxForceAtSteeringRack=****", correct?

What about in the Logitech controller settings?? Would you recommend going above 100% for Overall Effects Strength? (I actually already run at 103% to help with the looseness around centre on my G25.)

Cheers.

Both measures would cause clipping of forces and thus less nuanced FFB, but of the two, increasing "MaxForceAtSteeringRack=****" in the car´s realfeelplugin.ini entry is probably the lesser evil and it does reduce the looseness around centre.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back