FFB Question (Logitech G27)

Hi guys,

I returned to rF2 to test the latest build. I spent the last couple months playing Assetto Corsa, but as I mostly race offline, I need good AI when I want to do some race instead of lapping on random car/track.

I tried the Nissan GTR and Honda NSX on latest official Silverstone. Great FFB on both, I can feel everything the car is doing. Even I was able to drift the NSX, and I'm horrible at drifting, but as the much improved FFB I can feel very well the car.

But, the real problem comes when I want to do some laps on the Formula Renault 3.5 2014. I can't feel almost anything. The force is a lot weaker, and can't feel the grip. I managed to increase the FFB multiplier to 1,5x as I read someone suggested, but it doesn't improve much.

There is a setting I can try to tune in order to get the same feeling I got when driving the GTR and/or the NSX?

In profiler I set 100,0,0 and 900º. In game I have almost any slider at default, and range at 900º and ticked vehicle default The GTR and NSX I set FFB multiplier at 0.9, but in the FR 3.5 I changed it to 1.5 without considerable improvement.

Thanks!

With a Logitech G25 I had the multi up to 2.00 in the 2014 FR3.5 and a high caster setting like April suggested then it started to get better. Not as good as a GTR, but better. You can also play with the minimum force in the controller.json, but I never really liked that, but for a lot of drivers it is a good solution.

Thanks to all for the answers.

The reason I don't go beyond 1.5 multi is the wheel noise and rattle when driving over curbs, seems like it want to get broken :-( and nobody can sleep at the house :))

I'll try to play with setup (thanks David for the Spa setup) but I don't like to spend hours of trial and error, so may be I skip this car at this moment.

All open wheelers feel the same? In your experience, what OW car is good at FFB feel with a G27?

Thank you very much to all of you guys.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 296 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 205 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 147 7.6%
  • < 5 years