FFB per car

I assume the FFB settings from the main menu - Options/Controls has an effect on all cars. But, if I go to the track (Practice/Qual/Race) and set the FFB (Settings/Controls) then leave the track (back out to main menu), the Car Specific Multi and Smoothing (Options/Controls) are the same as I set for the car while on the track. Is there another location to set the "per car" FFB?

Nope, it's the same screen in a different place is all.
The file these settings are saved to is : rF2Data\UserData\player\all_vehicles.ini
So, if I change the FFB settings on the track (Settings/Controls) how does that not effect the other cars - the main screen Options/Controls has also been changed?
This sounds like a idiot question but there are two places to change the FFB settings and both change the other - it's not clear how this is a "per car" setting.

So, if I change the FFB settings on the track (Settings/Controls) how does that not effect the other cars - the main screen Options/Controls has also been changed?
This sounds like a idiot question but there are two places to change the FFB settings and both change the other - it's not clear how this is a "per car" setting.

For the Mazda i've set the FFB multiplier to 0.2. It doesn't effect other cars.
rF2 remembers you've set it to 0.2 for that car only. If you select an other Mazda you'll need to change it again. It doesn't remember it per class or car group.

So rF2 remembers your FFB multiplier per single car. :)

BTW: i've never changed things in .ini files.

Ok, for some reason I was thinking the on track Settings/Controls settings were the "per car" settings and the main menu Options/Controls was the overall settings - thinking they were separate settings but they are the same just adjusted in different areas. Once another car is loaded the settings revert back to the default or the car settings that was saved previously. Very easy, but not idiot proof :x3:

• Deleted member 963434

is there a way to make car specific multiplier 75% for all vehicles at one go...?

thanks
go to rfactor 2 folder /userdata/player find file all_vehicles.ini and open with notepad
in notepad press Ctrl + H
in first box named FIND, you type: Mult=1.000 (thats defaul per car multiplier at 100%)
in second box type: Mult=0.75 (thats miltiplier you want to have 75%)
then click CHANGE ALL and close notepad and save file, to be sure you look all lines
FFBSteeringTorqueMult=1.000
changed to
FFBSteeringTorqueMult=0.75, then close and save notead

before doing it i recommend making backup of that file

if you already made some tweaks to some cars, that wont be changed as you typed to change only Mult=1.000 if yo already has some cars set at lets say 80 or 65 etc % they wont be changed to 75% as they are no more 100% (1.000 in ini file) but they will be 0.8 or 0.65
but if yo want reset them to 100% again you can delete that file and run game, then game makes new one default file with all gains at 100%
but be carefull with it as it not only changes per car ffb to default but also things like camera pitch in cockpit, seat position , mirrors positions etc, but also i found it resets per car customization, it basically reverts all cars to state as if you would start game for first time. like example i have bmw e36 mod car and i choosen to remove rear spoiler, if i delete that file and run game it will make new file with default seting with rear spoiler.
i set mine that way i removed that file cause other cars i had different values and it works. but if yo certain with values for other car that they are set the way yo like it you dont need removing that file, i wasnt certain with all cars cause did some tweaks to ffb so i made fresh file

thing to mention
i dont know if i typed those boxes names correctly as i dont have notepad in english version

another thing to mention once you done that if you go to ffb setings it will still show you 100% ffb or whatever you set, first you must choose any car or even click same car that was choosen, only after then it will show it as 75% in ffb setings

that way no more goin ffb settings before every car you choose, they all set to 75% and to some cars you will need to go to lower or highen ffb, but most cars will feeel good as you chooses this force as optimal start force for all cars

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Deleted member 963434

i know smoothing and minimum force is global setting for all cars same as you set it, even when choose car wit 4 smoothing and other you set to 10 smoothing and yo go back to that first car yo had at 4 smoothin, you will now have 10 smoothing for it.
but gain is saved in that file all_vehicles.ini and once you choose particular car the gain you have in that file is copied to controller.json file located in same folder.
so gain per car is in all_vehicles.ini
and smoothing and minimum force etc other "hidden" settings like curb vibrations and curb jolts, car/wall hit jolts etc are in controller.json, theres even explaining in json file that per car multiplier is copied from
"Steering torque per-vehicle mult":0.3,
"Steering torque per-vehicle mult#":"Per-vehicle steering column torque multiplier (this is a copy of the .CCH value)",
i dont know what they mean CCH values but i see its copied every time from all_vehs into controller each time yo choose car

I think point is pertinent today does not matter how old really because you are addressing all in forum and because many come to this sim 1, 2, 3 year ago this thread would have been buried so they wouldn't have seen it and most novice would not know this either ;)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 76 12.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 54 8.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 63 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 36 5.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 91 14.9%