PC1 FFB paramaters are bizzare to me!

I've spent a lot of time playing around with FFB settings and I'm kind of familiar with signal processing but I can't really grasp why SMS have done it the way it is. Maybe someone can explain their relevance as I'm kind of new to simracing.

So you have "Relative Adjust" which is vaguely described like a mid band compressor with upward or downward use. Having at 1 would have no effect I would imagine. Below that would dull the response and above would be fake... Maybe this simulates power steering. Anyone have any insight?

Then after that method we have another way to dull the feeling with Scoop. Why isn't this called a high pass filter or low shelf or something along those lines? Is it different? Why would anyone want to do this? On a T300 and no Scoop I find the road feel from small forces is lacking already.

And then we are presented with an option to put the force into the higher force output (or lower). Is this so we can now feel all the forces that we have scooped out??? And why does the soft clip go to 10??? If your hitting 1.5 you surely have a problem already. Yeah yeah it's a ratio but why 10? Why don't I just set FFB to 10 instead of 100? It's bizarre I tell you!!

It's almost as if they where lazy and just thought "**** it, give some signal processing tools, they'll figure out how to make it feel good"

totally agree, i lost the will to tweak the ffb now, as what ever i do feels crap... So i just use bmanics wheel ffb settings then just set the car ffb fx etc to 100 and adjust the master to how strong i want it. The arm angle i cant actually see what it does. Yes its all an excercise in frustration...

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 115 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 158 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 300 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 429 39.6%