FFB on particular cars

I have a Logitech G920 and use it with AC, ACC, Automobilista 2. The question I have is in regards to FFB on some cars in AC. On some cars I have noticed that when driving straight the car seems to want to sway left/right. I am using a LUT and I understand the centre dead zone issue with the wheel but I don't think this is the problem. It doesn't exist with all cars but with those that are affected it makes them almost undriveable. I recently purchased some car mods from Race Sim Studio and DRM Revival. The RSS cars drive great and don't have this issue whereas the DRM Revival cars do. Also I don't have this issue in the other sim games I play so I feel like it's more to do with individual car FFB coding.
So what I was wondering is, is there a way to dig into FFB for a particular car and make any changes that might help this??? I'd really like to hear from anyone who experiences this issue and maybe if they have a workaround. Any information is appreciated.
Thanks,
JoshOz.

Try to enable Gyro, original one, not CSP fixed.
I gave it a go Andrew_WOT but it didn't make any difference. It's a difficult thing to describe accurately but it's as though some cars have zero FFB information for the when the wheel is a few degrees off centre. On these cars if I let go of the wheel it starts to rock left and right and gets worse. It's very frustrating because quite a few cars are like this and I just can't drive them properly. I've tried more aggressive LUTs and changing the minimum force but these just cause more issues in my opinion.

• Deleted member 197115

What you describe sounds like oscillation, gyro is usually what makes it go away unless you enable CSP new gyro implementation.
Perhaps the issue is exacerbated by LUT, try without.

You can try adjusting toe, AC's FFB is all based on the physics so if you get no feedback on specific cars it's cause their steering geometry happens to actually be that way (if it was on all cars then it could be the deadspot G-series apparently has, but usually min. force deals with that). There are no hidden FFB tricks, the only control modders have over FFB is the default strength.

I believe rear toe is the usual go-to for small adjustments to the stability of a car, with small toe in making it more stable in a straight line.

Last edited:
You can try adjusting toe, AC's FFB is all based on the physics so if you get no feedback on specific cars it's cause their steering geometry happens to actually be that way (if it was on all cars then it could be the deadspot G-series apparently has, but usually min. force deals with that). There are no hidden FFB tricks, the only control modders have over FFB is the default strength.

I believe rear toe is the usual go-to for small adjustments to the stability of a car, with small toe in making it more stable in a straight line.
Thanks for your suggestion Stereo. I did give a go but it didn't make any difference. I don't believe it's related to individual car setup. It simply feels like there is 'play' in the steering. I once owned an old car that had a worn steering ball joint and the steering wheel could move left and right a bit without the wheels moving. It's just like that for quite a few cars in AC. I also think it's related to the G920 to some degree. The 'minimum force' setting really doesn't work for me as it just creates a "clunk" at the top of the steering so I can't use it. I just wish there was something that could be configured/adjusted, even if on a car by car basis that would fix it. If anyone reading this is a Logitech wheel user I'd love to know if you experience this problem. Thanks.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 345 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 236 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 234 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 296 13.4%