FFB Issues with a few mods

I'm having weird FFB issues with some mods in AMS. I have a T300RS and I'm using the default Thrustmaster control profile settings and in game the FFB strength is -94 and the FFB low force boost is 10%. Using Reiza cars with these settings feel good and I have no issues.

However when I try the Stock car light mod and the OWC 92 mod the FFB is way too strong. Even if I lower it in game by a lot it still feels too strong and like it's clipping all the time. The WTCC mod is super light though as if there is no FFB at all.

I'm curious if anyone else has these issues and if there is anyway to mess with the FFB just for these mods or if there is another fix. Thanks for the help.

Have you tried reducing MaxForceAtSteeringRack for a car's entry in the RealFeelPlugin.ini file? It can make a big difference to the weight of the FFB wheel. Be sure to make a back-up copy of your realfeel file before changing anything so that you can return to the original values.

I haven't messed with the RealFeel plugin ever so I didn't try that, I'll give it a shot. The cars don't seem to be named very well in that .ini file however. Do you know if I can change those values with the game open or do I have to change the value while the game is closed? Thanks

I think if you use the plugin (which I never have), then it's possible to adjust the FFB with the game open. But all I've ever done is trial and error - open the file with Notepad or a text editor, change a value, save the file and then run Automobilista. I'm sure more knowledgeable members of the forum could give you more information. It's always a bit tricky identifying the correct car in the RealFeelPlugin.ini file - but the newer the mod, the closer to the end of the file it sits.

Unfortunately Stock Car Light is one of the (many) AMS mods that doesn't use any sort of prefix system at all muchless a common prefix for all it's vehicles.

AMS uses the first 5 characters of the "Description=" line in the .veh files to form an entry in RealFeelPlugin.ini

Example: All F-Extreme AMS cars start with "F_Ext" in their Description lines. Then there's just one entry for them all in RealFeelPlugin.ini under [F_Ext].

I personally manually added something like STKCL to the begining of each .veh's Description line for the Stock Car Light mod. You can do it whatever you want of course. Cleans up the RealFeelPlugin.ini a lot having just one entry for the mod (granted I only play offline so I dunno how this would mismatch online play or anything). Once you got that set up you can either manually edit the .ini file like suggested and or do it in game.

At the top of RealFeelPlugin.ini change the line "SpeechEnabled=" to true instead of false so you can hear your adjustments. Then these are the commands for in-game adjusting;

12-Jul-09-rFactorCentral-4808_ReelFeel.jpg

You can of course do all the RealFeel adjusting without the prefix thing too, but it'll only save for that particular driver/car, not the whole mod. Good luck!

Last edited:
Hi,

Just a reminder ( and maybe this has to be a "sticky" in the mods section):

Whenever Reiza releases an update on the game the RealFeel.INI file is overwritten, thus your RealFeel entries for every third party mod present will be lost.
Always make a back-up of your RealFeel.INI from time to time. In this way you won't need to puzzle again for the settings for a mod given by the author of the mod or these settings adjusted by yourself.

Hi,

Just a reminder ( and maybe this has to be a "sticky" in the mods section):

Whenever Reiza releases an update on the game the RealFeel.INI file is overwritten, thus your RealFeel entries for every third party mod present will be lost.
Always make a back-up of your RealFeel.INI from time to time. In this way you won't need to puzzle again for the settings for a mod given by the author of the mod or these settings adjusted by yourself.

I did not know that. Thank you very much for that info and for saving me a future headache.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back