FFB Help

Hi everyone,

I am having some trouble getting the FFB to feel right, I have played with the settings a lot but really have not been able to find anything that feels right. I think there might be something more wrong than just settings that are available in game. I was hoping with the newest update this would be fixed.

With so many raving about how much better the FFB is, I have really high hopes. However, I just did a 30 minute race on the Norsdchleife 24hour with the M3 GT2 and to be honest, the FFB doesn't feel any different. I feel like there is very little feedback for bumps and curbs. I don't really know how to explain it, it just feels really squishy. The only thing I can really feel is resistance for turning the wheel. And occasionally i will feel bumps if I'm not turning the wheel in either direction.

Example: on the Nurburgring GP circult, the left-right chicane at the end of the circuit has those massive curbs that will ruin your day if you cut the track too far. I can run right over those doing 100+ and get nothing through the wheel. I would think I should feel a jolt through the wheel hitting a curb that hard. I'm wondering if something got messed up in the config file for the wheel. Any suggestions?

I appreciate the help!

Btw, I am using a Thrustmaster TX base w/ Sparco rally wheel, and clubsport v3 pedals. I don't have issues in any other games.

• Deleted member 963434

tell me your ffb settings?
ffb strength
linearity
max force
minimum force

you know there is also per car ffb in car setup? its called "ffb multiplier" and you can set it up in car setup menu after you go on track from main menu.
each car has its own default one ranging from 1.0 to even 4,5 on that small formula rookie

my trick to setting ffb is i have my sliders like that:
ffb strength 100%
linearity 100%
max force 100%
minimum force 0%
then i set per car multiplier, in my case on DD wheel i lowered all to 1.0. bmw m3 dtm 1992 has it 2.2 at default i have it at 1,4 now and force very strong and kerbs hitting very strong.
i was trying before that settings and result was same as you described:
strength 40%
linarity 100%
max force 100%
minimum force 0%
and i left per car ffb on defaults , that didnt worked for me. so i put all forces at max then lowered multipliers per car. try this

• Deleted member 197115

Final FFB scale = Global FFB Strength x Car FFB multiplier. Doesn't matter where you change it, find global multiplier that is about right for most cars so you don't have to make lots of per car adjustments.
The 'FFB Strength' setting scales the global FFB strength, so it has an effect on every car. The resulting FFB strength of each car is controlled by the combination of the global 'FFB Strength' setting and the per-car FFB Multiplier. So if there is one car in particular that feels too heavy or too light, you can tweak this with the per-car FFB multiplier, accessible in the car setup menu or via keybinds. To do this effectively, we recommend keybinding the following:
  • FFB Multiplier +
  • FFB Multiplier -
  • FFB Meter

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Deleted member 963434

Final FFB scale = Global FFB Strength x Car FFB multiplier. Doesn't matter where you change it, find global multiplier that is about right for most cars so you don't have to make lots of per car adjustments.
i found all cars feel good at 100 global strenght and 1.0 per car multiplier. only for old cars like bmw e30 dtm i change it to 1.4 for immersion to dont have power steering.
but default for that car was 2.2 and was way too strong with 100% global strength. i remember multipliers for cars i drive, bmw m6 gt3 has 1.7 and way too strong too, and with 1.0 feels just like i imagine it shall feel.
global strength i tested too at 40% (as im kinda pedantic person and in all my sims i use 40% gains) all cars had weak ffb at default multipliers so i could increase multipliers for all. so i decided to set 100% global.
And i think (i may be wrong cause i not even tested 60% or 70% global with default multipliers) with 100% global strength and multipliers at 1.0 all cars recenters just like real car. what i mean you can let off slightly turned wheel at high speed and it goes back to center and stay there. but with global gain at 40% and default multipliers it was oscilating left to right.

• Deleted member 963434

again i may be wrong but for me it kinda feel like those multipliers was made for belt/gear driven wheels to increase car forces if one has set all ffb to 100%, but with DD if you set 100% ffb you shall reduce multipliers to 1.0 and then you have 1:1 fbb as in real car.

or if one with DD want to reduce kerb hits then he shall reduce ffb MAX strength. with 100% strength i have so much kerb feel, wheel hit so hard my rig almost jump sometimes and i forget i not driving for real xD

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi everyone,

I am having some trouble getting the FFB to feel right, I have played with the settings a lot but really have not been able to find anything that feels right. I think there might be something more wrong than just settings that are available in game. I was hoping with the newest update this would be fixed.

With so many raving about how much better the FFB is, I have really high hopes. However, I just did a 30 minute race on the Norsdchleife 24hour with the M3 GT2 and to be honest, the FFB doesn't feel any different. I feel like there is very little feedback for bumps and curbs. I don't really know how to explain it, it just feels really squishy. The only thing I can really feel is resistance for turning the wheel. And occasionally i will feel bumps if I'm not turning the wheel in either direction.

Example: on the Nurburgring GP circult, the left-right chicane at the end of the circuit has those massive curbs that will ruin your day if you cut the track too far. I can run right over those doing 100+ and get nothing through the wheel. I would think I should feel a jolt through the wheel hitting a curb that hard. I'm wondering if something got messed up in the config file for the wheel. Any suggestions?

I appreciate the help!

Btw, I am using a Thrustmaster TX base w/ Sparco rally wheel, and clubsport v3 pedals. I don't have issues in any other games.

I have the same wheel and rim.

The new FFB has improved from past versions but still needs some improvements.

I followed this guide from the forms with bump lateral moved to 50%
And I believe I have all settings in TM profile set to 100%

I then adjust per car ffb multiplier if needed....seems you can increase 3-5 clicks from the stock before clipping starts on most cars

Last edited:
What I do is map the FFB multiplier controls so I can bring them up in car during practice. I have
m = bring up FFB graph
, = reduce FFB multiplier
. = increase FFB multiplier

Then in car I just adjust it on the fly until the most extreme peaks just exceed the guideline and go into the red zone, so that I know I'm using the f.ull dynamic range of my wheel. The final values vary massively. Something like a Group C uses 1x whereas the little NSU needs about >3x. Setting this correctly makes a huge difference. I have a CSW2.5 capable of 8nm max force.

Last edited:
I have a question about the FFB multipliers. When the FFB is too strong, I turn it below 1.0. In a the VW IDR for example; I have the multiplier set to 0.8. If I am not mistaken, but this should be reducing the FFB, correct? I'm running the CSL-DD and it's set to 8nm. So should I be expecting the forces to be 6.4nm maximum? (8 x 0.8 = 6.4)

I know I can't accurately guarantee that the sim is sending 8nm maximum to my wheel, because; there's no target output for the FFB. So I can only guess at what the sim is sending, or just say what I hope it's sending. Either way, any setting lower than 1.0 should be a reduction in FFB, correct?

• Deleted member 963434

What I do is map the FFB multiplier controls so I can bring them up in car during practice. I have
m = bring up FFB graph
, = reduce FFB multiplier
. = increase FFB multiplier

Then in car I just adjust it on the fly until the most extreme peaks just exceed the guideline and go into the red zone, so that I know I'm using the f.ull dynamic range of my wheel. The final values vary massively. Something like a Group C uses 1x whereas the little NSU needs about >3x. Setting this correctly makes a huge difference. I have a CSW2.5 capable of 8nm max force.
i use same teqnicue i bind buttons for + and - ffb and set in mid drive for each car it takes me a few turns lets say 30- 60 seconds to set car up mid run. and i found with global ffb at 100% i managed to set almost all cars to 1.0 multiplier just by my hands feel not looking how exactly multiplier i set. but some cars i set it 1,4 - 1,6 by that method.
I have a question about the FFB multipliers. When the FFB is too strong, I turn it below 1.0. In a the VW IDR for example; I have the multiplier set to 0.8. If I am not mistaken, but this should be reducing the FFB, correct? I'm running the CSL-DD and it's set to 8nm. So should I be expecting the forces to be 6.4nm maximum? (8 x 0.8 = 6.4)

I know I can't accurately guarantee that the sim is sending 8nm maximum to my wheel, because; there's no target output for the FFB. So I can only guess at what the sim is sending, or just say what I hope it's sending. Either way, any setting lower than 1.0 should be a reduction in FFB, correct?
i dont think multiplier at 0,8 will do max nm at 6,4. at least for my wheel but i have different wheel.
for my wheel it works as 0,8 nm would make 6,4 nm constant (most used nm mid every turn) but it will go above 6,4 when hitting kerb.
to cap force at 6,4 nm you shall set MAX FFB FORCE at 80% then it will cap all forces above 6,4 nm i think. but im not sure.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 364 15.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 303 13.2%