FFB Help? Direct Drive

Hello Everyone,
I have been sim racing for about 4 yrs, however I am new to direct drive wheels. My 1st one is the Fanatec Podium DD1 so far I love it except for an issue that is plaguing me. I am also very familiar with the settings on the DD1 and the Fanalab Software.
I understand the settings and have a good feel for how each affects FFB. I will do my best to describe the issues. I really hope some of you more experienced sim racers can help me.

This seem to be a car issue as it does not affect all cars. All of these cars are Downloaded some Free some I paid for.

-The Issue-
On some of these cars I will get a rough oscillation in the corners some oscillation in the straights. the Damper setting tend to help with the straight away, but have little to no affect on the corners. I makes the cars almost undriveable. at 1st I wanted to blame the car, however cars downloaded from the same site in the same car pack don't have this issue. Unfortunately I really want to drive these cars and enjoy them. the rough corner oscillation is what im most concerned with.

-Setting-
In general I run between 12nm - 15nm PEAK depending on the car.
FFB 100%
NDP 76
NFR 50
FEI 70
FOR 90
DPR 50
some of these damper affects are high, due to me trying to tune them out.

I am not ruling out that I have no idea what im doing with FFB on a DD wheel.

Thanks

Enable Gyro effect in AC for DD wheels.

Mods have shitty FFB unless they're high quality like RSS etc

Some mods have "Steering Assist" in the setup menu, put it to 100 or higher for less min force boost

Enable Gyro effect in AC for DD wheels.

Mods have shitty FFB unless they're high quality like RSS etc

Some mods have "Steering Assist" in the setup menu, put it to 100 or higher for less min force boost

Thank You for the response, the solution was pretty simple. when you said "steering assist" it triggered me to just go check the car data and use the numbers from a car that work into a car that did not. Just like I fix cars with the wrong shift type.

Problem Solved

Thanks Again

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back